Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Carlos

Felicia Day

4 posts in this topic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Felicia_Day

Day began her acting career at the age of 7 when she starred as Scout in a local production of To Kill a Mockingbird. She studied operatic singing and ballet professionally, performing at concerts and competitions nationwide. Home-schooled throughout much of her childhood, she began college at the age of 16.[4]An accomplished violinist,[4] Day was accepted to the Juilliard School of Music but chose to attend the University of Texas at Austin on a full scholarship in violin performance. She double majored in mathematics and music performance.[5][6] Day was a National Merit Scholar (1995)[7] and graduated asvaledictorian of her class.[4][6]

She is an avid player of a wide variety of video game genres. Much of her work on The Guild web series was based on her personal experience with video games.[8]

My wife and I have really come to adore Felicia Day, and find her to be a very inspirational and intelligent celebrity.

Any other Felicia Day fans here? My wife and I recently finished up Dragon Age and really enjoyed it. I was impressed with how much they did given the obvious very limited budget and episode lengths.

Her latest mini-show, The Flog, (also part of Geek and Sundry http://geekandsundry.com/) looks promising as well.

My favorite work of her still remains The Guild. It really was incredible how she tapped into the MMO gamer culture so well, which launched her in a rags-to-riches fashion from shooting low-production youtube videos to being funded by megacorporations like Microsoft.

I actually got to see her in person at PAX last weekend, she was at the Xbox booth. Unfortunately they didn’t turn her mic up enough, so I couldn’t hear a word. I first saw her in Dr. Horrible, but especially liked her in The Guild. She just comes off as very genuine, and of course she’s damn cute and funny. :)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0