ruveyn ben yosef

Something the Wright Brothers would not have invented...

5 posts in this topic

It reminds me of something I used to make by folding paper into something that fit over my thumbs and forefingers. I could make various patterns by moving my fingers.

It reminds me of something I used to make by folding paper into something that fit over my thumbs and forefingers. I could make various patterns by moving my fingers.

A kind of origami.

The video illustrated a kind of topological air foil. Very interesting. Possibly useful. Clever stuff.

ruveyn

On a technical note, the reference to the Wright Brothers isn't accurate. The thing is filled with helium - it has a fascinating propulsion method, but this is lighter than air flight not the heavier than air flight pioneered by the Wright brothers.

On a technical note, the reference to the Wright Brothers isn't accurate. The thing is filled with helium - it has a fascinating propulsion method, but this is lighter than air flight not the heavier than air flight pioneered by the Wright brothers.

I think the essential feature he had in mind was that it is a "flying machine", not its buoyancy.