Carlos

Walker wins?

17 posts in this topic

The bloggers there are doing a very admirable job of providing us with a more objective and punctual alternative to the lamestream media:

http://ace.mu.nu/archives/329879.php

On an April night in 2011, I along with dozens of other morons watched the returns for Prosser V Klopp. An AP error did not show the actual totals from Waukesha. All night long we were wondering where the votes were coming from per county.

It was frustrating, but fun to watch.

But I knew we could do better than this.

Starting this year, I began to watch how the AP did with reporting results versus, well, us, just half-assing it. During the recall primary, we out-reported them for several key counties, in some cases an hour ahead. There WAS a way to report results faster.

But it required reliable people, designers, and a battle plan.

The first step was to keep the workload light per "reporter" - no more than 8 counties, or one if that county itself is massive. That way, in addition to reporting the results directly in a collective manner, any individual reporter could check and see WHERE these votes were coming from in their counties. Critical information if you are waiting for Milwaukee county to report and you wonder if the city is all in, or if you are watching Waukesha and waiting for Brookfield.

The next step was finding a way to compile the data in a MEANINGFUL way, which includes comparing results to previous elections. That was as easy as copy-paste, but getting everything to flow smoothly took a man with skill and speed. JohnE, our photoshop extraordinaire, was just such a guy, and has developed the page you will soon be refreshing like a pack of rabid dogs.

The final step? Reporting as thoroughly as possible. We have "reporters" on the state senate races and the Lt Governor race as well, all exchanging information behind the scenes to keep the data flowing.

Big props to Ace for encouraging what may very well be the future of election night reporting: where bloggers can out-report the dinosaurs.

A year ago, I swore there had to be a better way.

In 30 minutes, you will see just that.

The internet has become such a powerful rallying force for conservatives and libertarians and objectivists that I think there's nothing that can stop us. Enjoy your unfolding better political future :D

A great line from Iowahawk:

iowahawkblog:

When the union thugs stormed the WI capitol, that was Pearl Harbor. Tonight is Hiroshima

54.2% to 45.8% with 95% reporting. But Walker did not "win" anything. He only kept what he already had, at great expense and disruption, which is part of the point of leftist agitation politics always exacting a toll to disrupt civilization, punishing anyone who dares to oppose them and discouraging decent people from trying.

On a random note, scanning around ARI I cannot find a single article where they wrote about the importance of the political battle in Wisconsin over the last few years. Is this just not the kind of thing they write about? I can't think of a more relevant thing for objectivists to understand than what's been happening in Wisconsin with the battle of Walker standing on the principle of fiscal sanity against the thousand nations of the leftist army. What has happened in Wisconsin foreshadows what will be happening in many US states if we are serious about reforming government spending.

On a random note, scanning around ARI I cannot find a single article where they wrote about the importance of the political battle in Wisconsin over the last few years. Is this just not the kind of thing they write about? I can't think of a more relevant thing for objectivists to understand than what's been happening in Wisconsin with the battle of Walker standing on the principle of fiscal sanity against the thousand nations of the leftist army. What has happened in Wisconsin foreshadows what will be happening in many US states if we are serious about reforming government spending.

An ARI spokesman did have a commentary on PJTV at http://www.pjtv.com/?cmd=mpg&mpid=113

An ARI spokesman did have a commentary on PJTV at http://www.pjtv.com/...md=mpg&mpid=113

Good!

54.2% to 45.8% with 95% reporting. But Walker did not "win" anything.

Yes it wasn't literally an election cycle win, but it was a victory in the battle for reforming government spending and public union domination over our budgets. This could very well be a turning point in inspiring other states and other republicans to try similar things.
He only kept what he already had, at great expense and disruption, which is part of the point of leftist agitation politics always exacting a toll to disrupt civilization, punishing anyone who dares to oppose them and discouraging decent people from trying.

But they lost more than we did. Supposedly their union coffers are drained after this massive effort they threw into recalling Walker. It's a battle, both sides lost resources, but they came out worse, financially and emotionally. That crying guy in the video is an extreme example of this: this is crushing to them. No one has ever told these union thugs NO before and gotten away with it.

Jon Steward on DENIAL.