Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
A N Other

Tragedy Adds to Our Art Collection

2 posts in this topic

Our neighbor across the street passed away at 51 years old after a 4 year battle with cancer. His parents have been emptying his Art Deco House. They were paid by an antique dealer who went through the house and took what he wanted. the rest they told us to take, knowing we are fans of the modernist items he collected. So I now have a like new copy of Eichler Homes (Ditto, Stern and Wax, 1995), Mid Century Design ( Greenberg, 1984), and a 2000 edition in paperback Frank Lloyd Wright ( Pfeiffer, still in the wrapper), Budget Houses ( Ford, 1954), The Art of the Streaminer (Johnston, Welsh and Scafer, 2000) and many more. Jeff's parents are in their 70's and spent the last 4 precious years of their lives taking care of him, so they just don't have the heart to dispose of his collectables over time. Jeff was a Rcok-a-Billy bass player who led his own band and there are numerous biographies and other books on the 1950's period.There are many more books in the house than we took and his parents plan to just let them go with the house. My wife and I will likely take the rest of the books and sell them with the proceeds going to Jeff's 10 year old daughter's education fund. Anyone iterested in seeing the lisk can PM me.

Our neighbor across the street passed away at 51 years old after a 4 year battle with cancer. His parents have been emptying his Art Deco House. They were paid by an antique dealer who went through the house and took what he wanted. the rest they told us to take, knowing we are fans of the modernist items he collected. So I now have a like new copy of Eichler Homes (Ditto, Stern and Wax, 1995), Mid Century Design ( Greenberg, 1984), and a 2000 edition in paperback Frank Lloyd Wright ( Pfeiffer, still in the wrapper), Budget Houses ( Ford, 1954), The Art of the Streaminer (Johnston, Welsh and Scafer, 2000) and many more. Jeff's parents are in their 70's and spent the last 4 precious years of their lives taking care of him, so they just don't have the heart to dispose of his collectables over time. Jeff was a Rcok-a-Billy bass player who led his own band and there are numerous biographies and other books on the 1950's period.There are many more books in the house than we took and his parents plan to just let them go with the house. My wife and I will likely take the rest of the books and sell them with the proceeds going to Jeff's 10 year old daughter's education fund. Anyone iterested in seeing the lisk can PM me.

That is a very thoughtful tribute.

ruveyn

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0