Darrell Cody

Regarding Barack Obama's statement - "If you've got a business - you didn't build that."

8 posts in this topic

This is to discuss Barack Obama's terrible recent statements, please read the article below.

This shows his ideology.

Barack Obama believes that the individual who thinks and does the work of initiation and building, simply, didn't build.

This shows very well his collectivist mentality. Please forward this to everyone you can.

Romney answered Obama in this GREAT commercial that makes an essential MORAL point. If he keeps this up, Romney will win in a landslide.

Romney answered Obama in this GREAT commercial that makes an essential MORAL point. If he keeps this up, Romney will win in a landslide.

Never overestimate the wisdom or intelligence of American voters. After all they voted for Jimmy Carter.

I think this election will be decided by the Independent voters, not strongly aligned to either major political party.

ruveyn

It's a shame the businessmen in this country didn't build the roads, didn't hire and supervise our educators, aren't necessarily the smartest or the hardest working, etc., etc., etc, god this Materialist-Marxist is sooooooooo boring.

Never overestimate the wisdom or intelligence of American voters. After all they voted for Jimmy Carter.

Worse is that they voted for Obama. Carter campaigned for his first term hiding his liberalism to get elected, then lost the second election after voters saw what he was and, mostly, the short term consequences. Obama also tried to hide his radical leftism, but not nearly as much as Carter did, Obama is much worse than Carter (and McGovern), and there was ample evidence of it before the 2008 election -- his ties to Wright, Ayres, punitive taxation on behalf of 'fairness', 'spread the wealth', 'bankrupt the coal companies', etc. -- even though he has still continues to try to hide much of his collectivist ideology background and beliefs. It was largely ignored because fewer voters understand or care about the principles now. Both pragmatism and collectivism are more entrenched now against principled individualism even on a sense of life level. The country has moved progressively to the left over the last generation and there isn't enough of a 'tea party' to compensate for that with a landslide based on it. Obama and Romney are dead even, so if there is going to be a landslide something will have to change (as did it for Reagan after he was far behind Carter).

I think this election will be decided by the Independent voters, not strongly aligned to either major political party.

Elections are decided by all the voters, but once the nature of the candidates are identified, the split in the American culture leaves it up to the so-called 'independent' pragmatists to throw it one way or the other. But it has been that way for quite some time now, it's not unique to this election.

Elections are decided by all the voters, but once the nature of the candidates are identified, the split in the American culture leaves it up to the so-called 'independent' pragmatists to throw it one way or the other. But it has been that way for quite some time now, it's not unique to this election.

I agree. The independent voters (of which I am one) will decide the next election. I hope they hold their noses against Mitt's Mormon Stink and give that Tyrant, Barak Obama his walking papers.

ruveyn

Away from politics I think the NCAA and Penn State sanctions shows just how far the collectivisation of the United States has become and also the power of essentially unaccountable institutions.

The sanctions hurt individuals who played no part in the crimes that were committed. Yet they are accepted by the elite leadership at Penn State, lauded by many - not all - in the intellectual leadership (politics. media, etc.) and apparently even those who are against them will acuiesse. Where is a lawsuit by a conservative think tank or a class action lawsuit initiated among the students?

And where does the NCAA get off intervening in what is a criminal matter? How are the loss of jobs and jail sentences not enough? Not sufficient?

Institutions are in the end pass - throughs. There are no institutions apart from the individuals involved in the real, concrete world in which individaul human beings live and work.

I never find Obama laughable; for me a grim anger has been my emotional state ever since his election and I wish I could be hopeful for the future. Where I live too many people are riding the gravy train and the politicians and unions and many local governments are keeping them fearful for their futures without collectivist support.

Someone passed around a joke with pictures of past presidents on vaious bills (currency) and Obama's on a food stamp coupon. They do not understand or do not believe that he would nod and smile in approval.