JohnRgt

Post your favorite 2012 Olympics pics

13 posts in this topic

London%20Olympics%20Athle_Bake%20(8).jpg

I think the reason this pic works for me is because every bit of footage I saw of Felix during the London Games showed her with her battle face on. Add the fact that, after taking silver in Beijing and Athens, she managed to find those few hundredths of a second she needed for gold in the 200m, and this pic is a keeper.

Olympics-2012-live-pictur-002.jpg

What a race that was, Paul!

Screen-shot-2012-08-06-at-12.14.37-PM.jpg

(There was a pic of the Fierce Five striking the Bolt on Abbey Road, in uniform, but I can't find it.)

What a race that was, Paul!

---------

The 200 meter.

A sore loser and a sore winner.

McKayla Maroney was one of the members of the 2012 US Women's Gymnastics Team. She got into the habit of making that face whenever she made a mistake. I thought it was cute that she and the President of the USA got to share such a moment. (She's an incredible pole-vaulter, often soaring to heights many men don't reach. Her performance during the team competition went a long way in securing a win for Fierce Five, stunning the judges with the height she reached. Unfortunately, she didn't do as well in the individuals.)

It is difficult to believe that vault is consistent with the laws of Newtonian Physics.

It isn't. She followed an uncharted secret geodesic known only to her. The authorities are considering banning use of Einstein in the rules as 'unfair'.