Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dan R

Ayn Rand silver medallion

13 posts in this topic

That's cool, but I'm not so fond of the image of Ayn Rand.

It looks more like Branden.

People - let's be happy someone is being productive and doing something tangible to advocate these good ideas and make a better world to live in instead of criticizing his product, or the producer, ok?

Why should a particularly awful rendition of Ayn Rand be overlooked? If somebody wants to create such a thing it should be with proper regard for what they're promoting.

The image looks great. It looks like the image on the cover of the ARI Archivist Jeff Britting's biography of her seen here:

http://www.amazon.com/Ayn-Rand-Jeffrey-Britting/dp/1585674060/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1347166488&sr=8-1&keywords=Ayn+rand+jeff+britting

Dan Rohr and the designer who did this even gave a dramatic, perhaps even artistic, emphasis of Ayn Rand's famous "penetrating eyes". The image looks just like her.

I like it!

That's a good photo, it's the one I also chose for the cover of the Objectivism Research CD-ROM. The relief on the medallion is obviously very different than that photo.

I'm not sure "Ayn Rand" would come to mind if I saw this engraving without any hint of who it was. It's not the end of the world, but the woman deserves, far far more.

I agree, JohnRgt. After all, the whole purpose of putting someone's image on a coin or medallion is to have them be recognized immediately, whether that person's name is on it or not.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0