Betsy Speicher

FINAL Presidential Poll for 2012

FINAL Presidential Poll for 2012   17 votes

1. 1. If the 2012 Presidential Election were being held today, who would you vote for or support?

• Gary Johnson
    • Barack Obama
    • Mitt Romney
    • Another candidate
    • Would not vote
  2. 2. Who would you NEVER vote for or support?

• Gary Johnson
    • Barack Obama
    • Mitt Romney
  3. 3. Who do you think will win?

• Gary Johnson
    • Barack Obama
    • Mitt Romney

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

84 posts in this topic

On another forum I saw a remark from someone saying that, thanks to the re-election, "maybe we're finally catching up to Europe". I had to laugh at the absurdity. But in actuality it's not funny. "Catching up to" a continent that will never rise out of statism barring total annihilation and replacement of the entire populace, and that is also in the process of becoming a supra-nation caliphate? Check your aspirations, buddy.

In 116 years, only one challenger has been able to beat an incumbent who took the White House from the other party -- Reagan.

Obama's reelection is a horrific thing, but it may not reflect a total collapse of the culture (The GOP made it easier than it had to. The ticket's anti-abortion stance, Romney's constant flip flopping and feeding a hostile press the sound bites it needed, Rubio barely being able to contain himself during he convention speech as he repeatedly claimed that rights are derived from God, etc.)

In 116 years, only one challenger has been able to beat an incumbent who took the White House from the other party -- Reagan.

Obama's reelection is a horrific thing, but it may not reflect a total collapse of the culture (The GOP made it easier than it had to. The ticket's anti-abortion stance, Romney's constant flip flopping and feeding a hostile press the sound bites it needed, Rubio barely being able to contain himself during he convention speech as he repeatedly claimed that rights are derived from God, etc.)

your boy, Ken Doll Mitt is a blooming idiot.

ruveyn

ruveyn

Most forum members here made it clear that Romney was not their ideal candidate and they'd only be supporting him to keep the greater evil of Obama out of office, so the comment "your boy" is inaccurate and irrelevant. No one here personally championed Romney or took great particular pride in him.

Regardless, he's not an idiot, nor is anyone who can make it to that level of politics. Even Joe Biden, on some level, probably has a surprising amount of cunning and the right kind of smarts in the suave political quick-witted deal-making sense. Regardless of actual competency, no one makes it to the top of the political heap on accident. Either they get there by their own ruthless cunning, or as in the case of Obama, by political correctness and other interests continually place him higher and higher on the political ladder thereby making it appear as if his ascendence is because of some unique and powerful qualities.

More significant is that Romney was very successful in a productive realm of business, far surpassing in both legitimate ability and morality anything like Biden's 'cunning'. While he does not have the knowledge of political principles or verbal skills of articulation required to be anything like an ideal candidate even (especially?) in this situation, he is by all accounts a decent and intelligent man.

Obama's and the Democrats' whole campaign was based essentially on smears and lies denigrating their political enemies, because as low as the country has sunk, the left does not yet dare to openly and explicitly espouse as a matter of campaign strategy what it is after. For Kolker to follow on with more of this gratuitous personal sneering with his 'your boy/Ken Doll/blooming idiot' sneering -- as he now tries to distance himself form a candidate he had to support under the circumstances -- is both unjust and continues the irrational destruction as it piles on more nihilism to rationalize Obama's re-election.

MEMO TO GOP: No more "playing nice" with the opposition. It's time to give a full account of their tyranny and an unapologetic defense of individual rights / laissez-faire capitalism. Milqtoasts are wrecking this nation. It's time to play hardball, boys.

He wasn't my boy, as you put it. All I ever pointed out to you, Bob, was that the debates between him and Obama could shift things in his favor, that when you had declared Obama the winner, Romney was where Reagan was against Carter, and that the new Congress might be able to keep Obama in check should he win.

I never exulted the man, never thought we have common principles, never believed he would be against further government involvement in healthcare, never claimed his victory was a lock. About the only thing Romney was selling that I was buying was that he didn't hate this nation. Given the alternative, just about everyone on this board would opt for Romney. Wouldn't you?

Given the alternative, just about everyone on this board would opt for Romney. Wouldn't you?

Damn right.

I never exulted the man, never thought we have common principles, never believed he would be against further government involvement in healthcare, never claimed his victory was a lock. About the only thing Romney was selling that I was buying was that he didn't hate this nation. Given the alternative, just about everyone on this board would opt for Romney. Wouldn't you?

That is why I voted for him, too. While he is not a bright bulb, neither is he an America hater. Obama is a spiritual son of Saul Alinsky, a hate America trouble make. Obama took his inspiration from Alinsky's play book.

But I still have a low opinion of Mitt the Not So Bright. He is a dunce. If he had been elected he would not have had the brains to wreck this country in four years and with him in office we have a better chance of living to fight another day.

ruveyn