Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Paul's Here

Example demonstrating altruism requires suffering

2 posts in this topic

Sean Penn demonstrates that altruists feel guilt over personal actions and then get better when others suffer.

“When you get divorced, all the truths come out, you sit there and go, ‘What the f— was I doing?”

Luckily for Penn, he was able to utilize a good cause to put his heartache in perspective. His role as the founder of J/P Haitian Relief Organization has helped overcome the bump in the road.

The road started with the most obvious kind of trauma — my son’s head — and then to get to a place that had been just so devastated and traumatized, and then to see that in fact most of the trauma actually predated the earthquake,” Penn explained. “You had a country that had never experienced anything that related to comfort, and out of that you had great trauma — but also this great strength that, I think, we all benefited from.

Penn

Sean Penn demonstrates that altruists feel guilt over personal actions and then get better when others suffer.

“When you get divorced, all the truths come out, you sit there and go, ‘What the f— was I doing?”

Luckily for Penn, he was able to utilize a good cause to put his heartache in perspective. His role as the founder of J/P Haitian Relief Organization has helped overcome the bump in the road.

The road started with the most obvious kind of trauma — my son’s head — and then to get to a place that had been just so devastated and traumatized, and then to see that in fact most of the trauma actually predated the earthquake,” Penn explained. “You had a country that had never experienced anything that related to comfort, and out of that you had great trauma — but also this great strength that, I think, we all benefited from.

Penn

He is a Penn in the a**.

ruveyn

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0