Bert

Delayed Introduction

4 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

Though I've been reading and lightly posting in this forum for a while, my interest in developing and discussing ideas has ramped up and I thought it would be appropriate to introduce myself.

I'm a college student currently on the verge of graduating in computer engineering. My background with Objectivism and Ayn Rand began when I read The Fountainhead and Atlas Shrugged in high school. The ideas were a bit above my head but struck an emotional chord with me (to say the least). This lead me to begin studying Objectivism in some of my college spare time to actually understand the ideas behind these stories. I began by reading and being fascinated with 'Introduction to Objectivist Epistemology.' Since then I've read most of her non-fiction and listened to some of the major lectures. However, its been a difficult process integrating these ideas and is a work in progress.

But anyways, I've always been able to find some interesting, serious discussions of ideas on this forum and I hope this continues and that I can contribute something.