Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Paul's Here

GLOBAL WARMING – 2ND THOUGHTS OF AN ENVIRONMENTALIST

4 posts in this topic

2nd Thoughts

Excellent presentation and refutation of climate change.

2nd Thoughts

Excellent presentation and refutation of climate change.

The climate is always changing. The question is: are the less than lovable changes exclusively or primarily due to human activity.

The earth used to be a snowball. Now it is livable. That is climate change. During the eruption of the Siberian Traps (a million year long volcanic eruption) over 90 percent of the land species became extinct and there was great loss in the oceans since the fumes poisoned the sea life. The temperatures went up. Later on things cooled off and life flourished again on the planet. The climate is always changing.

Please see:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snowball_earth

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siberian_Traps

There was also climate change more recently. The climate was warm and mild then came the Little Ice Age to the Northern Hemisphere about 1300 c.e. The chill broke around 1725 and it has been relatively mild since. The causes for that 425 year spell of very cold weather clearly was not industrial pollution since industry barely existed at the time.

And so on and so.

As I said the issue is not climate change as such, but the causes thereof. The eco-phreaks blame it on the capitalists. I say it is primarily due to natural processes over which we have little or no control

ruveyn

And even if it was do to human activity, UN control of the economic activity on the planet is not the answer.

And even if it was do to human activity, UN control of the economic activity on the planet is not the answer.

I dare say you are right. The U.N. can not even pay their parking fines to the NYC traffic authorities.

As to human activity, I have a solution: Pave North America from North to South and coast to coast with breeder reactors. We have plenty of U-238 to be transformed into fissile material by the breeders. Voila! No more excess CO2. Lots of free (unbound) hydrogen to fuel our cars. No more stinking Diesel exhaust. Clean, like Iceland where they make electricity from geothermal heat. A neat America. A neat country produces polite people. Now that would be great! Building fission powered generators is one human activity that will make our lives better.

ruveyn

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0