Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Abaco

Bruce Kaphan

1 post in this topic

I just thought I'd pass on the name of a musician I have become a big fan of - Bruce Kaphan. I think many here would like his music, given the other threads on music. I often listen to his disc titled "Slider". He is a pedal steel player, of all things. That instrument always fascinated me because it can be so emotive. The instrument, of course, has taken hold in country music (helping it quite a bit, too). But, Bruce has applied it outside of country. Slider is an instrumental disc many would categorize as New Age. I really enjoy it. It's very soothing and emotive stuff. I put it on my headphones when I spend the day designing on AutoCAD and the time just flies by.

I got in touch with Bruce a few years ago to express my appreciation of his work and he seems like a very nice guy. He and I happened to have lived in the same neighborhood where I grew up many years ago and we traded thoughts on that. He has done session work for so many big names. Check out his website if you get the chance. brucekaphan.com

Enjoy...

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0