Jim A.

Best television channels?

4 posts in this topic

It's been thirty some-odd years since the introduction of cable into most homes. I've listed what I consider to be the best channels/networks on television:

1--All three C-Span channels. You get the chance to see our legislature in action; keynote speeches for a variety of events are shown, at least initially, in their entirety; interviews are conducted in a respectful way, without the intrusion of the C-Span interviewer's opinions; a wide range of points-of-view are presented. The viewer can therefore form a more objective opinion of the opinions expressed.

2--Classic Arts Showcase. Video clips of musical performances and classic films and documentaries about various artists and musicians are shown.

3--Turner Classic Movies. Classic films--and forgotten old films that should be seen again--are shown, and without commercial interruption.

Are there any I should add to this short list?

P.S. One complaint I have about cable: Those who remember when it first started may also remember one of the big draws to cable: no commercials! And look at it now...

Lately, due to my work and other reasons, I've tuned into CNBC regularly. I enjoy it. And, I enjoy beautiful women who are intelligent so that part is nice too.