Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Paul's Here

"The Planet Will Boil" (yes, that's a quote)

8 posts in this topic

I heard that clip this morning. I am stunned at how stupid it sounds. How have we fallen this far?...

Did anyone expect that his redistributionism does not mean subsiding the billions of people across the world who have less than we do and not just the relatively more prosperous slums of Chicago? His speech is intended to rationalize reducing us all to a much lower global common denominator as he subsidizes "Green" energy boondogles worldwide while destroying American energy production and industry.

Did anyone expect that his redistributionism does not mean subsiding the billions of people across the world who have less than we do and not just the relatively more prosperous slums of Chicago? His speech is intended to rationalize reducing us all to a much lower global common denominator as he subsidizes "Green" energy boondogles worldwide while destroying American energy production and industry.

I suspect that after he builds his library and his monument on the Mall, Obama will be community organizing the UN until his final days.

Hilary Clinton's undergraduate thesis at Welesley on Saul Alinski criticized him (sympathetically) for being too local in his community organizing goals and methods. The progressives already decided long ago to escalate his tactics to the national and international level. That is why Obama's presidential campaign looked more like the agitation of an Alinsky community organizer than a serious campaign for a serious position, and is one reason why Romney lost for not recognizing it and publicly identifying it.

A lot of commentary on his behavior during the immigration crisis includes notice that he seems detached; he keeps to his schedule of political and fund raising events. They either fail to see or do not want to admit how disciplined and task oriented he is; they - the commentators - still don't understand or don't want to understand what his task is: copting and undermining rational, self directed, self supporting individuals.

I used to think it was mostly prosperous middle class people who suffered from a certain condition exploited by polititians: they - the prosperous middle class - want to lead their own lives, follow their own agendas and are willing to ignore the activists to a certain extent; the activists take advantage by creating opportunities to insinuate them selves into positions of power and control and seemingly mysteriously arise one day in control of something the middle class cares about.

The class that Obama belongs to has taken this technique to a whole new level; it isn't just moderately educated, prosperous middle class people who've stuck to their own traditional ways, by many intellectual, business and media people. The Obamaites are coopting much "higher" level people; many in congress, the media and others have collars on their necks and think they've been given golden chains to wear.

AS a follow up, I often wonder all over again at how brilliant is "Atlas Shrugged". I was just rereading the passage where James Taggart is bragging to Cheryl about how he got over on his "friends" by being a wiley political player; just what we see today. The friends, of course, turn out to be snakes and mock Jim when he complains about being bitten: he knew damn well they were snakes before he took them in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0