Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Paul's Here

DoD Manual says Founding Fathers were Extremists

6 posts in this topic

Extremists

It begins its introduction of a section titled, “Extremist ideologies,” by describing the American colonists who sought independence from British rule as a historical example of extremism.

“In U.S. history, there are many examples of extremist ideolog
ies and movements. The colonists who sought to free themselves from British rule and the Confederate states who sought to secede from the Northern states are just two examples,” according to the training guide.
“Nowadays,” the manual explains, “instead of dressing in sheets or publicly espousing hate messages, many extremists will talk of individual liberties, states’ rights, and how to make the world a better place.”

Another source on this:

Defense Department Education Materials Warn of ‘Extremists’ That Speak of ‘Individual Liberties, States’ Rights, and How to Make the World a Better Place’
Aug. 23, 2013 11:00pm Jason Howerton

U.S. Department of Defense education materials obtained by Judicial Watch, a conservative watchdog group, warn of “extremists” that will “talk of individual liberties, states’ rights, and how to make the world a better place.” Judicial Watch and other conservative media outlets claim the disclosure indicates the department is teaching that conservative views are “extremist” in nature...

'Extremist' is an ajective, and says nothing of what one is extreme about. Drives me nuts when the work "extremist" is used as a smear. There is nothing wrong with extremists if the thing they are being extreme about is extremely good. Believe it or not, one person I argued this with, thought "balance" was required. I asked her if she wanted an extremely honest accountant, or one who "balanced" that exteme honesty with a little graft? In order not to concede, you can guess her answer.

An obsession with the middle is way more extreme than anything at the ends.

Like.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0