Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DGM

www.galt.io - A potentially useful tool for Objectivist activism

1 post in this topic

I'm a semi-regular listener of Jason Lewis, a political radio talk show host. He's frequently lamented that the left wins so many political battles because they constantly out-organize the rest of us, and he's been working on a project to counter that. He unveiled it a few days ago - it's a website at www.galt.io (while not an outright Objectivist himself, Mr. Lewis is a fan of Ayn Rand). The idea is to let users select their own specific political causes to start and to help them with finding and organizing like-minded people.

The software to do this is being crowd-sourced and they've had far more traffic and support than they anticipated. They had to step up from 2 servers to 100 in a few hours of going public and met their initial funding goal of $250,000 in less than two days. So it sounds like a lot of people are signing up for this, which could make it very useful for the activists here.

To get in on the ground floor you have to make a pledge to help build the site. Once it's built and the project goes live the only way in will be by invitation from someone who's already a member. The minimum pledge (which I made) is $25.

Again, it's www.galt.io. I think it's got lots of potential and I encourage you guys to take a look.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0