Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CICEROSC

ARI Website -- Is there Better Place for an Intro?

4 posts in this topic

Once again today I stopped in mid-email while I was writing to someone I knew. In this instance I was complaining about the latest Supreme Court decision on property rights and wanted to emphasize that AR provides the only sound approach to dealing with fundamental issues.

I wanted to direct him to an Ayn Rand page to show the contrast between her views and the Republican party, and I STARTED and WANTED to send a direct link to ARI, but held back.

As much as I support ARI and definitely think they are the ultimate resource, I find their web page (especially the main, opening pages) to be lacking in something -- just not the type of page I'd expect a general-interest newcomer to get much out of without a lot of work.

I suppose the issue I'm confronting is that of showing the application of Objectivism to current events. I know that's not ARI's main mission, so I don't mean to be critical of their web presentation.

I'm curious to know whether others here know of a page that would better serve the purpose of showing how AR's views apply to current events. Obviously ARI is the ultimate reference point for philosophy, but are there other sites (or ARI subpages) I've missed that might better suit this purpose?

I thought their op-eds served that purpose well. Are you talking about something more fundamental, like an intro to Objectivist politics?

The more I think about it, the more the op-ed page seems like exactly what you're looking for. The column on the left directs you to issues like "America at War," "Individual Rights and Law," "Religion," etc. Taking a quick look at some of those op-eds should make a fine contrast between Objectivism and conservatism.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0