Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GoodOrigamiMan

Hello and Intro

4 posts in this topic

Hello everyone! My name is Alexander. In late march I’ll be finishing up my co-op in Pasadena and head back to Drexel, where I study chemical engineering.

There are times when I can post a lot, but lately it hasn’t been like that. I’m spending most of my time reading books which have somewhat overloaded my head. Hopefully, when the dust settles, my writing and conversational skills will come back to me. :angry:

As for what I’m reading, currently, The Ominous Parallels by Leonard Piekoff and An Introduction to Logic by H.W.B. Joseph. Both are awesome but the latter is giving me a headache. It’s one of those books where you lose focus for a second then you have no idea what is going on and you need to start the paragraph over. Anyways, I agree with Andrew that, “writing helps to organize and tie it together”, so I’ll be testing out my absorption of all the material sometime soon.

My central life purpose is Chemical Engineering (which at present means catching up on the last century of progress in the field). The other things I take very seriously are Objectivism (philosophy), physics, relationships and Japanese. My favorite pastimes are ballroom dancing, badminton, bicycling, origami, shooting, anime, cooking, R/C airplanes, hiking and camping. My preferred means of transportation is either a Honda Insight or a Kawasaki Ninja (motorcycle) – neither of which I can afford as of yet (which leaves me with my bicycle).

Thank you for the forum Stephen, and kudos on the “Ask the Experts” section -I think it is a great way to learn!

I agree with Andrew that, “writing helps to organize and tie it together”, so I’ll be testing out my absorption of all the material sometime soon.

You speak as though I am the only one. :angry:

the latter is giving me a headache.  It’s one of those books where you lose focus for a second then you have no idea what is going on and you need to start the paragraph over.

Welcome! I know what you mean about that. ITOE was like that, with the added bonus that each paragraph was filled with so many juicy concepts that it was hard NOT to wander off in thought.

Keep at it!

You speak as though I am the only one.  :angry:

You should be used to it by now. :o

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0