Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AshRyan

Justin King

4 posts in this topic

Click here. Click on the videos at the bottom and watch, in this order, the Larrivee video clip, the "Knock on Wood" live video, and the "Change" music video. You will be amazed.

Then buy his CD. This guy is incredible. He honestly does for the guitar what Bela Fleck did for the banjo and what Victor Wooten did for the bass, if you're familiar with the Flecktones' work.

You can thank me later.

Thank you.

You're welcome. :o

I've been listening to his CD for several days now, and it is wonderful.

Wow. That guy has an interesting technique there. Your comparison to Wooten is apt.

Similar in approach to the Wooten family, Stanley Jordan (stanleyjordan.com) & old Michael Hedges (check the CD Ariel Boundaries tune "Hot Type") with that two handed tapping/slapping business. Also the intro to "Mean Streets" from Van Halen's "Fair Warning"!

I saw Jordan live in the mid 80's in a very small theatre. Unbelievable! Some of his stuff has other musicians palying with him; which, in my estimation, is usually a mistake. This guy is so amazing at orchestration an entire piece on his own. If interested, check out "Willow Weep for Me" on his sound sample page. Wow.

I saw the Flecktones in the early 90's on their "Cosmic Hippo" tour with their original keys player (amazing guy). They are all really great players. The only negative was at the end, they did a kind of loose jam over which Victor rapped all kinds of banal, cliched things like "don't be greedy/help the needy", etc.

The Wooten bros & their father Regi (who taught all of them & kind of poineered that technique on guitar) regularly play in a club in Nashville. I think that's were Regi lives & teaches.

Thanks for the heads up on this new artist.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0