Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sam Axton

Who Said this?

3 posts in this topic

I was looking for some help finding out who made this statement (below). Simply out of curiosity because it rang true for me. I heard it at least 15 years ago. I am guessing I heard it at a lecture or a during a Q&A at a TJS Conference. I think the person was a prominent Objectivist, possibly Leonard Peikoff.

Paraphrasing; "One must read "Atlas Shrugged" 3 times. The first time to be enjoyed as a work of art... a marvelous story. The second time...??? The third time as a philosophical manifesto."

Thanks in advance,

Sam Axton

Paraphrasing; "One must read "Atlas Shrugged" 3 times.  The first time to be enjoyed as a work of art... a marvelous story.  The second time...???  The third time as a philosophical manifesto."

So I should have stopped? I've been averaging about twice a year for going on 7 years now. B)

(No idea who said that, BTW. Sorry.)

Hello Gang,

My two cents:

I think Dr. Binswanger once said that in order to grasp Ms. Rand's meaning fully, one needs to spend something like 30 to 45 minutes PER PAGE. (Certainly Galt's speech qualifies for such analysis.)

I think Dr. Locke once said that if one scans Atlas for mind-body issues, one will be underlining constantly.

Regards,

JohnRGT

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0