Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
redfarmer

Bright Eyes

2 posts in this topic

I was curious if anyone else had heard of this Omaha, NE based band and what you thought of them. I just picked up their latest album at Target and I'm impressed in some ways. The music is very rythmatic. It has a distinct melody to it, too. It's very compelling and very different from anything in mainstream music right now. It also impressed me when I found out that the singer and frontman of the group, Conor Oberst, is only 24 and has released nearly a dozen albums already, starting when he was only 14 and in a band called Commander Venus.

However, news that I'm able to find on Oberst leads me to believe he's neurotic. Also, his lyrics tend to be a bit on the dark side.

Their new album is #10 on the bestsellers list this week. I'm interested to hear other thoughts on this band.

I used to find Mr. Oberst's music interesting. I would recommend the first album produced under the name Bright Eyes, a Collection of Songs. This album, to my knowledge, was entirely produced and mixed and recorded by Mr. Oberst without anyone else. It's a monument to ingenuity. The later stuff doesn't really fascinate me, it's just too depressing.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0