Stephen Speicher

Chat rooms are back in operation

3 posts in this topic

After some rather trying moments I have successfully installed the new chat software. Hopefully this new version will have fixed several problems, including the "floating smilies" experienced by some, but not all users.

I have also made a modification where the number of people chatting, and their names, appears on the main menu of THE FORUM. If you scroll down towards the bottom, under "Board Statistics" and just below the number of and names of active users, there is now a similar statistic for the chat rooms. Note also that next to the number of "Chat Users" there is a direct pointer to the chat rooms, an alternate way of entering.

So, the chat facility is now back in operation. Please let me know how well it is working for you. If all goes well we will schedule our first moderated chat in two weeks. I will announce the exact time and topic later.

Hmm - even though I am no longer in the chat room (and left on time), my name still shows as active there.

Hmm - even though I am no longer in the chat room (and left on time), my name still shows as active there.

It takes a little while for the dropped connection to register in the software, especially for the last person.

Speaking of which, as administrator sometimes my name appears registered in the chat room, when I am not actually there. I mention this so that others do not think it rude if they fail to see a response from me.