Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ChristopherSchlegel

Multimedia Portfolio DVD

5 posts in this topic

Christopher Schlegel Video Sample

This is a brief sample from a DVD introduction to my musical skills. I put it together to use as an Introductory Multimedia Portfolio. I did the music (arrangement, performance, recording & production). Friend & fellow Objectivist Mark Weiss (MW Communications Systems site) did the video editing. It came out so well I wanted to share a bit of it!

Happy viewing & listening!

Christopher Schlegel Video Sample

This is a brief sample from a DVD introduction to my musical skills.  I put it together to use as an Introductory Multimedia Portfolio.  I did the music (arrangement, performance, recording & production).  Friend & fellow Objectivist Mark Weiss (MW Communications Systems site) did the video editing.  It came out so well I wanted to share a bit of it!

Happy viewing & listening!

That is so cool Christopher!

I see you're also doing guitar lessons, which is great!

The video presention is excellent as well! :)

That is so cool Christopher!

Thanks, I thought so, too!

I see you're also doing guitar lessons, which is great!

Yes, among other things. Starting Jan 2006 I will be implementing a full scale attack that integrates all these loosely related projects I've been working on.

The video presention is excellent as well!  :)

Well....it's not good enough for commercial purposes. For example, notice the stage background. And two unmoving camera angles is not very "dynamic looking" aesthetically.

BUT! It will do for now, for the purpose it will serve. Ulitmately, this is just a "trial run" of sorts. It's good enough to use to send to people to give proof of ability for performances, seminars, teaching, etc. Eventually, though I am going to do a full scale, totally produced/finished video & music DVD for commercial release.

Thanks, I thought so, too!

Yes, among other things.  Starting Jan 2006 I will be implementing a full scale attack that integrates all these loosely related projects I've been working on.

Well....it's not good enough for commercial purposes.  For example, notice the stage background.  And two unmoving camera angles is not very "dynamic looking" aesthetically.

BUT!  It will do for now, for the purpose it will serve.  Ulitmately, this is just a "trial run" of sorts.  It's good enough to use to send to people to give proof of ability for performances, seminars, teaching, etc.  Eventually, though I am going to do a full scale, totally produced/finished video & music DVD for commercial release.

I thought the text introduction and layering the video clips gave it a professional appearance. I understand what it is to have an idea in your minds eye though. Looks like it will all come together very nicely! :)

I thought the text introduction and layering the video clips gave it a professional appearance.

Agreed. I sent Mark the raw footage & as he tried various effects, splices, & other various "fancy-pants editing techniques" :) he would send me short clips as progress updates. It was magnificient fuel! I just grabbed two of these "updates", put them together with the intro panel, rendered & uploaded. So, yes the quality of the content, the video resolution & Mark's editing are certainly "pro". But...

I understand what it is to have an idea in your minds eye though.

Exactly. Having tried this "trail run" I can much more clearly see what is possible & what needs to be done in order to produce something that I would be comfortable offering as a commercial product representing my best effort.

Looks like it will all come together very nicely!  :)

You bet. Thanks again.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0