Stephen Speicher

Betsy, me, and THE FORUM

43 posts in this topic

I have been away from THE FORUM for the past couple of days. Unfortunately, Betsy had an accident and fractured both her knee and her foot (on different legs :) ) and I have been attending to her. In spite of the pain from these fractures, and along with scrapes, bruises, and several chipped teeth, Betsy remains almost as perky and optimistic as ever. Based on what occurred she has the next couple of months all planned out, so when the orthopedist decides tomorrow on exactly how to proceed he had better conform to Betsy's plan, or pay the price! :) Need I remind everyone why I love Betsy so? :)

Thanks to our moderators for looking after things, but thanks most to our members who continue to show their exemplary decorum. What a great group of people you are!

That's amazing that she is acting with such good nature towards what is such an unfortunate incident: she must be a great woman!

Best wishes and get well soon.

My condolences Betsy and a speedy recovery. I would be out of business if that happened to me. I hope you got the license # of the truck that hit you. :) What in the world happened if you don't mind saying.

Betsy,

Get well quickly. Miss you here at The Forum!!

You'll know Objectivism is winning when Betsy comes back to The Forum!!

That's amazing that she is acting with such good nature...

Her reaction is not at all surprising to anyone who's seen her ebullient spirit over the years. She really does seem to be an amazing woman.

Get better soon, Betsy!

That sounds like it was a pretty terrible accident. I hope that you recover quickly and completely, Betsy, and I'm glad to hear that it wasn't even worse.

Besty,

I hope you get well very soon!!!!!!

My condolences to you Betsy.

Her reaction is not at all surprising to anyone who's seen her ebullient spirit over the years. She really does seem to be an amazing woman.

Yes she most certainly does.

~All the best,

~Carrie~

I'd like to add my kudos to Betsy for maintaining her lovely cheerful disposition and determinism.

I hope you got the license # of the truck that hit you. :)  What in the world happened if you don't mind saying.

No one else was involved in the accident. There was a deeply recessed planter along a concrete walk, and her foot caught the edge. She had a very hard fall, onto the concrete.

Betsy I hope you recover as quickly as possible. From Stephen's explanation and your optimism I am sure you will.

You'll know Objectivism is winning when Betsy comes back to The Forum!!

You took the words right out of my mouth, Paul! I guess I'll just have to second them. :)

You're in my thoughts, Betsy; I'm wishing you a speedy recovery so that your signature benevolence can be fully mobilized again!

Oops! I meant 'determination', not 'determinism'. :)

Get well soon, Betsy!

--Hannes

I just found this thread!

Sorry to hear about the accident, Betsy. :)

Was this a Christmas decoration putting up accident? No matter, I'm relieved it wasn't more serious.

Happy to hear you are in good spirits. Get well soon! You're a great person and I appreciate you immensely.

I am new to this forum, but have been reading through the material here and have really *appreciated* the work Stephen and Betsy are doing. I was sadenned to read about the accident. Wishing you a full recovery and rehab Betsy.

regards

John Newnham

Recover quickly Betsy! I miss your abundant happiness and good cheer :). From what I know of you and your character, I'm guessing your encounter to the Dr. was similar to that of Dagny's.

"I would advise you to remain in bed, Miss Taggart."

"Oh no!  If I'm careful and move slowly, I'll be all right."

"You ought to rest."

"Do you think I can?"

He smiled.  "I guess not."

Atlas Shrugged-Part 3, Chapter 1, page 652. Paperback Edition.

She had a very hard fall, onto the concrete.

ouch!!

[hugs]

Stephen be sure to give lots of kisses too :)

I had a similar fall not long ago, flat onto concrete. I'm not sure how I avoided serious injury, but chiropractic and massage may help a lot if we were similar...

[sad] but happy for good care...

More hopes for a speedy recovery! You're both in my thoughts.