Sam Axton

The Best Chocolates in the world

49 posts in this topic

If you want to taste the best chocolate truffles in the world try André's Confiserie Suisse from the The Bollier family in Kansas City. Their Truffel Bittersweet will pop (when you lightly bite down on it) and then melt in your mouth and is simply one of the pleasures of this world you should not live without.

If you want to taste the best chocolate truffles in the world try André's Confiserie Suisse from the The Bollier family in Kansas City.  Their Truffel Bittersweet will pop (when you lightly bite down on it) and then melt in your mouth and is simply one of the pleasures of this world you should not live without.

Oh, chocolate! I love chocolate very much. I don't make it a staple of my diet, but I get a bag of my favourite truffles every now and then. I get the Lendt (sp?) brand truffles. They are very similar to the ones that you describe. I've heard it said that you can tell what kind of a lover (sexually) a man is by how he eats. What do you think of that? I know that I'm very animated with when I eat delicious foods such as my favourite chocolates. Eating is very much like sex, too, in that it is one of those material pleasures of life that it is good for you (within a certain context) and is very pleasurable.

I'd like to try these truffles. Where could I find them?

Oh no, Sam, you must not have tried Lindt Lindor Truffles - the ONE true best chocolates in the world! (click here) :D Lindt makes man's greatest confectioneries! These people are Gods!

Oh, chocolate! I love chocolate very much. I don't make it a staple of my diet, but I get a bag of my favourite truffles every now and then. I get the Lendt (sp?) brand truffles. They are very similar to the ones that you describe. I've heard it said that you can tell what kind of a lover (sexually) a man is by how he eats. What do you think of that? I know that I'm very animated with when I eat delicious foods such as my favourite chocolates. Eating is very much like sex, too, in that it is one of those material pleasures of life that it is good for you (within a certain context) and is very pleasurable.

I'd like to try these truffles. Where could I find them?

Oh, yeah, a fellow Lindt's lover! You can buy Sam's chocolates from the link in his initial post. However, buying chocolates online is usually rather expensive because of the shipping. I sent my sister a box of Godiva chocolates and she said they arrived in a cooler. And speaking of Godiva . . . I love their chocolates, too! Plus, they have that beautiful woman (Lady Godiva) riding a horse naked through some English town to save the citizen's from taxation as their logo! Quite lovely!

Chocolate is probably my favorite food! :D My favorite cheap chocolate is a "3 Musketeers" bar. I have never tried the chocolates that are mentioned here so I will have to give them a try.

There is a "Cheesecake Factory" about a mile from my home and they serve a wonderful chocolate cheesecake that is mouth watering just thinking of it. Sharon and I share a slice when we go there as it is loaded with calories, but worth it.

I myself could not imagen a life without chocolate! :D

Chocolate is probably my favorite food!  :D  My favorite cheap chocolate is a "3 Musketeers" bar.  I have never tried the chocolates that are mentioned here so I will have to give them a try. 

There is a "Cheesecake Factory" about a mile from my home and they serve a wonderful chocolate cheesecake that is mouth watering just thinking of it.  Sharon and I share a slice when we go there as it is loaded with calories, but worth it. 

I myself could not imagen a life without chocolate!  :D

Righto! And if instead of a sugar-plum fairy there was a chocolate-bar fairy I'd be a believer! :D

I live about 1 1/2 hours from Hershey Park in PA, so if anyone wants to visit and pick up truck loads of chocolate, drop me a line.

I live about 1 1/2 hours from Hershey Park in PA, so if anyone wants to visit and pick up truck loads of chocolate, drop me a line.

I was there in 1993 and would agree with Paul that they have truck loads of wonderful chocolate! A whole city built on the wonderful idea of enjoying chocolate.

Oh no, Sam, you must not have tried Lindt Lindor Truffles - the ONE true best chocolates in the world! (click here:D  Lindt makes  man's greatest confectioneries!  These people are Gods!

Holy chocolates!! The world is peopled with gods. Thank gods, you've got to love them. I think my gods will beat your gods Sarah. I'll try your Lindt chocolates, but there can be no truce as it is this conflict which will keep them both getting better. :D

And I would be derelict not to mention their Bittersweet Orangepeels, a veritable music for the tongue.

I'm not a fan of Godiva chocolates from the experiences I've had with them. I also just tolerate milk chocolate and only if they have caramel and nuts in them.

I've heard it said that you can tell what kind of a lover (sexually) a man is by how he eats. What do you think of that?

I agree and believe the philosopher went further and said (paraphrasing of course); Tell me what chocolate a man likes and how he eats it and I will tell you his entire philosophy of life.

I am looking forward to drop you a line - soon!

I myself adore chocolates. Not just the bars but anything that is touched by chocolate. It can be hot chocolate, chocolate mousse, chocolate sauce..etc. I can say that I have very high standards in picking my chocolate item. And my all time favorite - not just because they are cheap - is the Ferrero Rocher. I love the blend of Ferrero's nuts and chocolate. My favorite chocolate sauce in my hot chocolate drink is Torani Chocolate Sauce with whip cream. And my favorite chocolate cake, so far, I have to agree with Ray - the Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory. Mmmmmmm! :D

Well, I've got to try Sam's variety, but 'til then at least, I'm with Sarah and buy Lindt Lindor truffles. Dark chocolate is my favorite, but the mint chocolate and raspberry chocolate truffles are worth trying too. They're fabulous and available in many stores.

Godiva used to make the best chocolates I've ever had, i.e. dark chocolates filled with Grand Marnier liqueur, which is an expensive orange-flavored liqueur. But Godiva stopped manufacturing those after many state governments effectively restricted the market for them when they decided to force retailers to pay the state extortion fee (purchase an expensive liquor license) just to sell these innocuous (and delicious) confections.

*reads thread* Wow, and I thought I loved chocolate a little too much!

Everyone's taste are a little high-brow for me though: my idea of heaven is just a pint of chocolate milk and a King-Size Hershey Bar :D

Isn't it correct that the chocolate we get in America isn't as good as other places in the world because American chocolate makers have to put some wax into their candy to keep it from melting immediately in the warmer climate here?

Everyone's taste are a little high-brow for me though: my idea of heaven is just a pint of chocolate milk and a King-Size Hershey Bar  :D

Don't get me wrong, I love all chocolate. Candy bars like Snickers, Caramelo, Reeses peanut butter cups, etc. are all very delicious. But since I can only allow myself so much chocolate in my diet, I have to stick with the best - and that is Lindt's! :D Like Sam described his truffles, Lindt's truffles have a thicker outer shell, and the center is the most creamy, soft, delicious chocolate goodness ever known to man!

I'm with Sarah on this one. I love chocolate in many forms, too, but it always ends up with those Lindt truffles, dark chocolate. I love opening the bag and smelling it before I even eat one. Sex should smell the way a freshly opened bag of those truffles smells like! Then I unwrap one, and put it in my mouth and let it sit there for a second and melt a little and my soul with it. :D Ahhh.... I then slowly close my mouth on it (not biting, just smashing it with my tongue and pallet with light pressure) until it pops and melts into a goo that coats my mouth.

I've never heard about American chocolate makers putting wax into the chocolate. I've been to Europe in the summer and it's not that much colder there so as to need no wax or something as far as I can tell.

For fans of dark chocolate who want great quality (and great-tasting) chocolate at a very good price -- try Hershey's Special Dark chocolate bars. I discovered these in my teens, and this was my chocolate of choice until I discovered Lindt's dark chocolate truffles.

Later on I was pleased to see some connoisseur on television rating chocolate from around the world (just the chocolate - no truffles or any other frills). There were expensive ones in the mix, but guess which one he chose as the best? Straight from Hershey Pennsylvania, USA.

Chocolate is probably my favorite food!  :D  My favorite cheap chocolate is a "3 Musketeers" bar.  I have never tried the chocolates that are mentioned here so I will have to give them a try. 

There is a "Cheesecake Factory" about a mile from my home and they serve a wonderful chocolate cheesecake that is mouth watering just thinking of it.  Sharon and I share a slice when we go there as it is loaded with calories, but worth it. 

I myself could not imagen a life without chocolate!  :D

Cheesecake Factory = delicious. :D

For fans of dark chocolate who want great quality (and great-tasting) chocolate at a very good price -- try Hershey's Special Dark chocolate bars. I discovered these in my teens, and this was my chocolate of choice until I discovered Lindt's dark chocolate truffles. 

Later on I was pleased to see some connoisseur on television rating chocolate from around the world (just the chocolate - no truffles or any other frills). There were expensive ones in the mix, but guess which one he chose as the best? Straight from Hershey Pennsylvania, USA.

In general my favourite chocolate is dark chocolate. I have tried Hershey's Special Dark and think it is delicious. However, when speaking of only "just chocolate" my chocolate of choice is the Milka brand milk chocolate. I first tried this bar in Austria and was very pleased to find that they have recently started importing it and I can buy it at Wal-Mart! Still, the Lindt dark chocolate truffles are still my hands down favourite.

I think I'm with Lu on this one. Ferrero Rocher! Though I haven't really tried too many specialty chocolates, these are my favorite. I'll definitely have to try more Lindt (I've tried some, not all) and Sam's brand. We have a chocolate company around here called See's Candy that isn't bad.

Here's to chocolate!

Zak

I almost forgot to post about this, but the revived thread on Chocolat (the movie) reminded me. The truffles sold by this company are the closest I’ve ever had to what I think Vianne (the main character in the movie) must have been selling in her shop.

In fact, until I tasted these recently, I thought that the reactions of Vianne’s customers were mostly symbolic. But after tasting these, a couple of the flavors were good enough that I began to have a real (concrete) idea about what Vianne’s chocolates were supposed to be like.

Currently the cost for the truffles is $53.65 per pound. Not surprisingly, they’re not sold by the pound. The largest box currently available is 8.5 oz. for $28.50. So for us, they’re just so expensive that we’d only get them for a very special occasion.

I’m not sure how many fans of exotic chocolate are so fanatic as to pay this much for chocolate, but you never know.

Here is the homepage

B.T. McElrath

and this page shows all the currently available truffle flavors:

Truffles

I'll add my favorite, Josh Early Candies, to this thread (I also mentioned them in my post in the Chocolat movie review thread). I'm sure that if you order from them over the web that it's not nearly as good as getting it fresh from the shop, but unfortunately nothing can be done about that.

I've been enjoying Early's chocolate for as long as I can remember. No doubt the other brands mentioned here are wonderful, but in my never humble opinion Early's is better than any other I've ever had, and I've tried many.

Ok, that's it, you guys. After reading all of this, I have to go get some chocolate cheesecake. Thanks for the extra pounds. ;)

I like dark chocolate, nuts, crunch, and unusual flavors and now I have a new favorite chocolate: Trader Joe's new Dark Chocolate Roasted Pistachio Toffee. (click here)

This is a new twist on a classic confection. We start with toffee made with real, creamy butter and enrobe it in luscious dark chocolate. Then each piece is heavily coated with crushed, roasted pistachios. It's an indulgent after-dinner treat, or snack.

We're selling each 7.5 ounce tub of Trader Joe's Dark Chocolate Roasted Pistachio Toffee for $3.99.

(I also like a bargain!)

I like dark chocolate, nuts, crunch, and unusual flavors and now I have a new favorite chocolate:  Trader Joe's new Dark Chocolate Roasted Pistachio Toffee.

Oh...my...gawd! Chocolate, toffee, and pistachios? When I come to after eating 50 pounds of this at one sitting, I'm going to sue Betsy for endangering my health...

I don't know how I missed the thread on chocolate! ;) But since it has been revived I must insist that the most perfectionary piece of heaven is Dilettante's chocolate cherries.

tangy soft dried cherries wrapped in chocolate so smooth, so fine, that upon melting it glides over your whole mouth. The chocolate is lightly flavoured with cherry so that though the contrast between the two flavours is striking, it does so elegantly without clashing. :D Mmmmmm

And you can find them at Wal-mart for under five dollars a bag!

Linky

~Aurelia