gregwilson144

Dr. Peikoff's DIM hypothesis?

6 posts in this topic

Has anyone been able to hear anything about Dr. Peikoff's work called "DIM?" I have heard it is a theory concerning inductive processes; is this correct?

Have you examined the entry for DIM Hypothesis on the Ayn Rand Bookstore website?

Has anyone been able to hear anything about Dr. Peikoff's work called "DIM?" I have heard it is a theory concerning inductive processes; is this correct?

As far as I remember, Peikoff first talked about DIM during the last lecture of his 2002 "Induction in physics and philosophy", and that he arrived at his theory while working on induction.

No, not really. DIM is a theory describing three different approaches to integration - disintegration, (proper) integration and misintegration.

As far as I remember, Peikoff first talked about DIM during the last lecture of his 2002 "Induction in physics and philosophy", and that he arrived at his theory while working on induction.

Actually, I think the first time he talked about it was during his 2001 Ford Hall Forum talk, "The One in the Many: How to Create It and Why." This talk is available online for free here:

http://www.peikoff.com/fordhall.htm