kenstauffer

Sent Folder

5 posts in this topic

Is there a way to have my private messages automatically archived? I basically want to default the checkbox for having my sent messages placed into the 'Sent' folder. (I always forget to use this checkbox, and by the time I realize it, I have lost the messag). Thanks, Ken

Is there a way to have my private messages automatically archived? I basically want to default the checkbox for having my sent messages placed into the 'Sent' folder. (I always forget to use this checkbox, and by the time I realize it, I have lost the messag). Thanks, Ken

Unfortunately that setting does not appear to be under user control. It is probably possible for me to change the setting for the skin itself (the wrapper by which you see THE FORUM) but that would set it for everyone, and I am not sure I would want to do that.

Unfortunately that setting does not appear to be under user control. It is probably possible for me to change the setting for the skin itself (the wrapper by which you see THE FORUM) but that would set it for everyone, and I am not sure I would want to do that.

That's okay, I'll just use gmail. :-) hee hee... Kidding...

I think you should.

I've had the same problem as Ken and it is a big frustration. If you change it to default to saving sent messages, someone who doesn't want to keep them can always delete them, but they way it is now, if you forget to check the box, it's gone forever.

I've had the same problem as Ken and it is a big frustration.  If you change it to default to saving sent messages, someone who doesn't want to keep them can always delete them, but they way it is now, if you forget to check the box, it's gone forever.

Changing this is not just some setting to check off, but rather it means modifying some software. But, I'll look into it.