Stephen Speicher

Must Love Dogs (2005)

Rate this movie   4 votes

1. 1. Rate this movie

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 posts in this topic

Must Love Dogs is a light-hearted romantic comedy that I found perfect for a relaxing weekend.

Though some parts, especially toward the end, are a little predictable and cliché, it set off an overall good humor that is sometimes necessary when clearing the mind.

Now I can see why one of my friends who is recently divorced could relate so much to Diane Lane’s character, Sarah and why she recommended the film.

There is nothing spectacular or even inspirational in the writing. The acting was good and I really enjoyed Christopher Plummer’s character as Sarah’s father, and John Cusack as one of the men she met through her online advertisement.

I really liked Diane Lane in Under The Tuscan Sun better, but Must Love Dogs was similar as far as romantic comedies are concerned. :o

Based on Elizabeth's review I gave Must Love Dogs a try. I was not disappointed. A light-hearted, good-natured romantic comedy, full of clever witticisms. Not great, but decent entertainment.

Two lines during the credits sum up the flavor of this movie. Mother Teresa is the name of a dog that appears prominently in the film, and apparently "Mother" was played by two dogs. Their picture appears during the credits, with the following lines:

"No animals were harmed during the filming of this movie. Though we were petted within an inch of our lives." :P

Two lines during the credits sum up the flavor of this movie. Mother Teresa is the name of a dog that appears prominently in the film, and apparently "Mother" was played by two dogs. Their picture appears during the credits, with the following lines:

"No animals were harmed during the filming of this movie. Though we were petted within an inch of our lives." :D

I forgot about that. HA! It's a good rainy day kind of film. :P

This was a delightful picture, full of real life observations which left me laughing out loud many a time.

The date who says of the main subject's favourite movie Dr Zhivago 'They are Communists right --Freezing their asses off', has little in common with him, and comments like this are humorous examples of this.

Perhaps those who are on the dating scene appreciate this film a little more than others.