HaloNoble6

"Spore": A game like no other

10 posts in this topic

Check out this absolutely amazing video game which places the player in control of nearly everything in his environment, though governed by what seems to be accurate physics. The player starts as a cell-scale creature with the capacity to customize offspring, and slowly advances to a full-scale creature, and later to a civilization of these creatures, engaging in diplomacy, terra-forming, and first-contacts! A Sim City of all scales! Check it out!

Check out this absolutely amazing video game which places the player in control of nearly everything in his environment, though governed by what seems to be accurate physics.  The player starts as a cell-scale creature with the capacity to customize offspring, and slowly advances to a full-scale creature, and later to a civilization of these creatures, engaging in diplomacy, terra-forming, and first-contacts!  A Sim City of all scales!  Check it out!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That looks absolutely amazing, and a real breakthrough in game design (much needed!!). I imagine we'll be hearing lots about this game in the near future. Thanks, HaloNoble6!

Check out this absolutely amazing video game which places the player in control of nearly everything in his environment, though governed by what seems to be accurate physics.

Thanks for posting this link. I've only watched a part of the video so far but it's definitely one of the most brilliant and complex game ideas I've ever seen.

Check out this absolutely amazing video game which places the player in control of nearly everything in his environment, though governed by what seems to be accurate physics.  The player starts as a cell-scale creature with the capacity to customize offspring, and slowly advances to a full-scale creature, and later to a civilization of these creatures, engaging in diplomacy, terra-forming, and first-contacts!  A Sim City of all scales!  Check it out!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I want to buy it. When is it supposed to come out?

Wow, that really is cool. It looks like Intelligent Design was true after all. Who knew we were just a part of somebody's video game, lol.

Wow, that really is cool. It looks like Intelligent Design was true after all. Who knew we were just a part of somebody's video game, lol.

Especially after listening to that idiotic, hysterical, hate-filled high school "Geography teacher"/Leftist Fundamentalist Preacher (separate thread), which I could only stand for about three minutes before I had to shut it down; this joke was such a relief. Funny! Thanks. ;)

It's wonderful to see a new idea for a game. So much of video game development in the last ten years has essentially been improved video and audio, making things like race-car games and first-person-shooters more realistic. For all the money in the industry, it's a shame there's not more creation of basic game types.

This looks like a fun game.

I've been following news about this game for some time now. I absolutely cannot wait. The creature creation system they've showed exemplifies the type of free-form creative capabilities I've been contemplating for games for quite some time but never had the time or experience to pull off myself.

I love the idea of being able to follow the progress of your species across such an epic sweep of "history". Not to mention the aboslutely BRILLIANT idea of the "single-player multi-player" game. In other words, the idea of having a single-player game that populates its universe with creations of other players around the world. Not only does this provide far more content than could ever be pre-installed by the developers, but it provides a huge element of unpredictability and discovery.

Awesome!

This is very cool. Thanks for sharing.