dondigitalia

Peikoff's History of Philosophy Lectures

4 posts in this topic

I'm currently listenting to Peikoff's "Founders of Western Philosophy: Thales to Hume," and I'm wondering if anyone knows when these lectures were originally given. The date on the CD is 1994, but it is clear from the things he says in the lectures that the original course is much, much older.

I'm currently listenting  to Peikoff's "Founders of Western Philosophy: Thales to Hume," and I'm wondering if anyone knows when these lectures were originally given. The date on the CD is 1994, but it is clear from the things he says in the lectures that the original course is much, much older.

I have the audio tape version of "Thales to Hume," and on the label on each tape it says "©1972 L. Peikoff".

Gracias.

I'm currently listenting  to Peikoff's "Founders of Western Philosophy: Thales to Hume," and I'm wondering if anyone knows when these lectures were originally given. The date on the CD is 1994, but it is clear from the things he says in the lectures that the original course is much, much older.

From The Ayn Rand Letter, page 104, it says that begun Thursday, September 14, 1972; and the last course was given December 14.

The "Modern philosophy" course was given first on Thursday, September 24, 1970, and the last was given December 17.

For those familiar with Scott Powell's history course, one will observe that one has a reverse chronological order here as well.