MRZ

Beautiful Women and Men

209 posts in this topic

I thought it would be nice to share pictures of people (men and/or women) one considers beautiful and but for whom one's day would be a little less bright.

This is Kristin Kreuk of "Smallville" fame.

She gets so much attention for her looks, that it's almost a cliche now, but you just can't talk about beautiful women without mentioning Angelina Jolie, no matter how weird she might act at times.

Angelina_Jolie_194670g.jpg

angelinajolie1b.jpg

angelinajolie7.jpg

How can one even utter beauty without mentioning the breath-taking Ingrid Bergman?

ingrid_bergman_gallery_16.jpg

And not to ignore men (we can be good-looking too!), I've always been envious of Colin Farrell

colin.2.jpg

A jewel from Japan, Yuko Ogura ...

flamingo.jpg.xs.jpg

water.jpg.xs.jpg

yuko.jpg.xs.jpg

I don't know very much about this young lady but her pictures are happy and benevolent. Her pictures put me into a childlike state.

What a good thread! Thanks for all the beautiful photos so far.

In honor of "Prison Break" finally returning to TV tomorrow, I have to add the actor who plays Michael Scofield: Wentworth Miller

PrisonBreak-01.WMiller05.jpg

Actors rarely catch my eye, but someone who looks like this, playing such a great character on a great show...its like the planets are aligning... ;)

In terms of beauty / sex appeal, I think the most beautiful actresses these days are Rachel Weisz and Liv Tyler, far above the rest. Scarlet Johansen and Catherine Zeta-Jones are two other gorgeous women.

As unqualified I am to judge masculine beauty, Matthew McConaughey and Bradd Pitt both have classic good looks. McConaughey happens to also look like he would be a nice guy.

Let's not forget MM

As unqualified I am to judge masculine beauty, Matthew McConaughey and Bradd Pitt both have classic good looks.

Pitt is usually my pick for best-looking man. And now he's having a kid with my ultimate-fantasy-woman, Angelina!!!!! I'm positively on the edge of my seat to see this kid of theirs in 20 years.

I've been saying for a few years now that, if any two people need to breed, it's them. I'm betting their child is going to be so freakishly beautiful that it'll be like staring straight into the sun.

Pitt is usually my pick for best-looking man. And now he's having a kid with my ultimate-fantasy-woman, Angelina!!!!!

It's always interesting how tastes differ. Angelina is beautiful, no doubt, but there's something I can't quite identify about her face that makes her fall rather short of ideal for me. Contrast her with the three women I posted (and which I forgot to name - in case anyone doesn't know, they're Audrey Hepburn, Charlize Theron, and Kate Beckinsale), and you'll see there's some kind of qualitative difference between her and the three of them.

Of course, that's not to say that any of them is somehow "better" than the others, just a difference in what different people find most attractive.

I have to echo Michael's Kate Beckinsale (she's great in the romantic comedy Serendipity). She also seems to have a terrific sense of life. I also really like the "modern" Audrey Hepburn, Jennifer Love Hewitt, especially now that she is grown-up. She is stunningly beautiful, has a smile like the sun, and has a great sense of life.

And I'm with stellavision on Grace Kelly. I'd have to say she's the most beautiful woman I've ever seen.

Personally, I think that the Victoria's Secret model, Gisele Bundchen, is the most beautiful woman in the world. Even if you never buy anything from their catalogues, it is worth it to get them just to see her!

post-11-1142897685_thumb.jpg

And the most beautiful woman ever, my No. 1: Sofia Loren

And the most beautiful woman ever, my No. 1:  Sofia Loren

How could I forget stunning Sophia? In that stupendous dance scene in The Pride and the Passion...well, I'm straight, but I couldn't help but salivate! She is living, breathing sexuality.

How could I forget stunning Sophia? In that stupendous dance scene in The Pride and the Passion...well, I'm straight, but I couldn't help but salivate! She is living, breathing sexuality.

Yes. Did you see her at the Olympics? She was marvelous. I think she's 72 and looks wonderful.

Personally, I think that the Victoria's Secret model, Gisele Bundchen, is the most beautiful woman in the world. Even if you never buy anything from their catalogues, it is worth it to get them just to see her!

Gisele is definitely in my top 5. :) Along with Angelina, my other 3 top-fivers are: Kate Winslett, Halle Barry, and Audrey Hepburn. ;);)

My top five are Keira Knightly (Pride and Prejudice :)), Diane Kruger (National Treasure :)) , Jessica Alba (Sin City, but mostly just cuz she's super hot :D), Charlize Theron (The Italian Job ;)) , and ... can't think of a fifth at the moment. Maybe I'll only have a top four for the time being. ;)

Beyonce. Gorgeous, and that body...it would get me thrown out of here to speak of it.

post-142-1142952913_thumb.jpg

Laurence Olivier: It's not only his looks that are great, but the way he carries himself. I'm also impressed with his power to project subtle yet powerful emotion by means of facial expressions.

post-142-1142954449_thumb.jpg

Marilyn Monroe: Miss Sexy of the Universe.

post-142-1142954727_thumb.jpg

Ingrid Bergman: Another one with the power to project the subtlest emotional changes by means of her facial expressions.

post-142-1142955306_thumb.jpg

Cary Grant: The essence of suave and debonair.

I can't read this without adding a picture of the Patron Saint of Masculinity himself:

Sean Connery

Some of the other men listed here as beautiful have too much of the "pretty-boy" look to me; that is, I can imagine them spending more time fretting over hi-lighted hair and exfoliated-skin than their women. That's what I think is different about Sean Connery: he can look impeccably groomed but still ruggedly-handesome.

I've always been a sucker for smaller, dark-headed women though :)

Winona Ryder,Natalie Portman, Keira Knightley and Lucy Liu all strike me as intoxicatingly beautiful because of their plump lips, large brilliant eyes, dark hair, and how the lines of their jaws contrast with their femininely-vulnerable necks ;)

Women are indeed beautiful and wondrous creations :) !!!

I also have to second Piz's recommendation of Audrey Hepburn for the very same reasons I like the others: Audrey Hepburn.... she is one classy, sizzling beauty ;)

This is Vanessa Branch, of Orbit Gum fame ("No matter what!").

19f.jpg

Some day I'm gonna marry that girl...