MRZ

Beautiful Women and Men

209 posts in this topic

Aishwarya Rai, Bollywood actress :angry2:

I found her to be quite beautiful and delightful in Bride & Prejudice (rated here ), but I must admit that when I look at Sarah's photo of Gisele Bundchen in this post , in terms of physical beauty I see an absolutely perfect woman.

Aishwarya Rai, Bollywood actress :angry2:

post-783-1144981250_thumb.jpgpost-783-1144981263_thumb.jpgpost-783-1144981269_thumb.jpgpost-783-1144981276_thumb.jpg

In a review of "Bride and Prejudice," film critic Roger Ebert wrote that Rai was "not only the first but also the second most beautiful woman in the world."

In a review of "Bride and Prejudice," film critic Roger Ebert wrote that Rai was "not only the first but also the second most beautiful woman in the world."

I've never seen the movie - just pictures of her. I like her eyebrows, her eyelashes and her large blue eyes.

And lest we forget the men..

Clive Owenpost-783-1145147116_thumb.jpg

Jude Law - I've always like his face. It's very boyish. post-783-1145147148_thumb.jpg

and Paul Hoganpost-783-1145147158_thumb.jpg

A few of my favorites. I couldn't find one of Harrison Ford as an older man but I would have added it. Saw him on Martha Stewart's show recently. He looks great.

Gish253.jpgGish27.jpg

:angry2: Lillian Gish...

What a good thread! Thanks for all the beautiful photos so far.

In honor of "Prison Break" finally returning to TV tomorrow, I have to add the actor who plays Michael Scofield: Wentworth Miller

PrisonBreak-01.WMiller05.jpg

Actors rarely catch my eye, but someone who looks like this, playing such a great character on a great show...its like the planets are aligning... :angry2:

I must agree. I nominate Wentworth Miller as the new Francisco D'Anconia. I no longer think that Jude Law shall be Francisco. I just started watching Prison Break and am really enjoying it.

As for women, Juliette Prowse, from Can Can with Sinatra.

Gish253.jpgGish27.jpg

:angry2: Lillian Gish...

I passed Lillian Gish on 56th St, between 2nd and 3rd Avenues in New York back in the early 70's. I had read her autobiography a week earlier. Her eyes were sparkling as she said "Goodmorning" in response to my "Goodmorning, Miss Gish!"

I must agree. I nominate Wentworth Miller as the new Francisco D'Anconia. I no longer think that Jude Law shall be Francisco. I just started watching Prison Break and am really enjoying it.

As for women, Juliette Prowse, from Can Can with Sinatra.

Sorry man, but Fransisco doesn't have that kind of look. He belongs to the style of hispanic gentry with the essence of his character being portrayed by an actor that can carry it. This guy looks like he wants to box me. So far, the only actor I've seen come close is a "younger" Benjemin Bratt,

Opun a third look, this guy seems a likely canidate for a Fast and the Furious 4 (I think a 3 is fartingly due out this summer) never a Francisco. Strickly by looks as I have never seen him act. He has a look that is too immediately fleeting and modern that says: "I am hot, I demand a doughnut." That may send the girls (and some men) scrambling for the service gloves, that is not even close enough to portray that character. We are looking for someone of Clark Gable's stature here.

Happy Hunting.

I passed Lillian Gish on 56th St, between 2nd and 3rd Avenues in New York back in the early 70's. I had read her autobiography a week earlier. Her eyes were sparkling as she said "Goodmorning" in response to my "Goodmorning, Miss Gish!"

Was her autobiography any good? Did she still have a sense of beauty to her? I ask because I love to see a person that carries themself with self-esteem right to the end.

I once was walking through the local Costco here in Las Vegas and this older woman with a broken leg with a cast was using one of the electronic carts provided by Costco. If anyone has ever looked out of place in a cart this finely dressed and beautiful older woman did. From first glance I thought that she was a stunning older woman of around 70, her hands gave away her likely age. She noticed me and starting coming directly at me with her cart as I was headed in the opposite direction than she was. My first thought was that this lady is going to run right into me. I was wrong. She pulled right up next to me where I received an even better view of her fine clothes and looks. Then she said "excuse me sir (calling me sir when she was about 30 years older than me, how strange), but I wanted to say thank you for the way that you carry yourself. I have not seen a person walk with pride, confidence and purpose like you do in such a long time that I wanted to comment on it." I said thank you and was left amazed.

I do not know who the woman was, but she obviously knew what she valued, and was not going to give it up.

Sorry man, but Fransisco doesn't have that kind of look. He belongs to the style of hispanic gentry with the essence of his character being portrayed by an actor that can carry it. This guy looks like he wants to box me. So far, the only actor I've seen come close is a "younger" Benjemin Bratt,

No, this is not true, at least according to Ayn Rand's description of him. Benjamin Bratt, or Lou Diamond Philips, or Myself, have too much Indian. I don't think Francisco has any Indian whatsoever. She describes him as Latin but as the Roman Latin versus southamerican Latin, so that his ancestry is white-Spaniard. Argentina was a place that many Italians immigrated to. Also, at first Ayn Rand wanted him to be Italian, with Francesco, versus Francisco. It is not uncommon in Latin America to find people who have no native or African race. (I however have all of them I think).

If one uses one's imagination one can with a make-up artist give Mr. Miller a more heated, latin look. The tatoo definately must go. :)

Jose Gainza.

Opun a third look, this guy seems a likely canidate for a Fast and the Furious 4 (I think a 3 is fartingly due out this summer) never a Francisco. Strickly by looks as I have never seen him act. He has a look that is too immediately fleeting and modern that says: "I am hot, I demand a doughnut." That may send the girls (and some men) scrambling for the service gloves, that is not even close enough to portray that character. We are looking for someone of Clark Gable's stature here.

Happy Hunting.

Actually, this is why I haven't watched prison break since the beginning. Yes, he looks very rough. But actually the character he plays is a genius. He's romantic too. It's the situation he finds himself in that makes him be rough. But the reason he is in prison is so moving. When his mother died he thought she left him her life insurance. But it is not true; his brother took out a loan and told him it was from his mother. And subsequently he thinks that his brother is a loser and deadbeat. But then he is told the truth after his brother goes to jail. Now he must help his brother who previously gave up so much for him.

And Miller went to Princeton, so at least there's hope that he's an intellectual.

There more I learn about this guy and watch him, the more I like him.

Jose Gainza.

Was her autobiography any good? Did she still have a sense of beauty to her? I ask because I love to see a person that carries themself with self-esteem right to the end.

I once was walking through the local Costco here in Las Vegas and this older woman with a broken leg with a cast was using one of the electronic carts provided by Costco. If anyone has ever looked out of place in a cart this finely dressed and beautiful older woman did. From first glance I thought that she was a stunning older woman of around 70, her hands gave away her likely age. She noticed me and starting coming directly at me with her cart as I was headed in the opposite direction than she was. My first thought was that this lady is going to run right into me. I was wrong. She pulled right up next to me where I received an even better view of her fine clothes and looks. Then she said "excuse me sir (calling me sir when she was about 30 years older than me, how strange), but I wanted to say thank you for the way that you carry yourself. I have not seen a person walk with pride, confidence and purpose like you do in such a long time that I wanted to comment on it." I said thank you and was left amazed.

I do not know who the woman was, but she obviously knew what she valued, and was not going to give it up.

I just spotted your post today. All I remember about her autobiography was that it was loaded with great pictures and that she really loved acting. She was in her late 80's at the time and still had a cheerful-looking face.

Your proud wheel-chair lady reminds me of another experience I had in New York in the early 70's. I was riding the Lexington Ave. Line down from Grand Central Station. When it stopped at 34th Street a man in a dark trenchcoat stood up and walked off. It was like a force of nature, as if a bolt of lightning had suddenly come to life there--such confidence, such pure purpose; nothing to do with muscles, just one hundred percent focus on a single aim. I can still picture him (though I saw not his face) and recall the sheer force of his passage.

Cary Grant is at the top of my list as far as actors are concerned.

As for females, Isabella Rossellini has one of the most beautiful faces I've ever seen.

That's a great story! Thanks for that. If the book you're referring to is The Movies, Mr. Griffith, and Me (I don't know if she wrote other books about her life or not), there is a great review of that in the November 1969 issue of "The Objectivist," written by Ayn Rand's husband, Frank O'Connor (<tobj_743> on the Oism Research CD-ROM). He has his own story of seeing her in person that's worth reading.

I've always been a fan of Lillian Gish, and I love her point of view in her writting and interviews. Besides being one of the most beautiful women ever (IMO), she had so much power to convey tremendous or subtle emotions in just her facial expressions. What an amazing actress. :)

That's a great story! Thanks for that. If the book you're referring to is The Movies, Mr. Griffith, and Me (I don't know if she wrote other books about her life or not), there is a great review of that in the November 1969 issue of "The Objectivist," written by Ayn Rand's husband, Frank O'Connor (<tobj_743> on the Oism Research CD-ROM). He has his own story of seeing her in person that's worth reading.

I've always been a fan of Lillian Gish, and I love her point of view in her writting and interviews. Besides being one of the most beautiful women ever (IMO), she had so much power to convey tremendous or subtle emotions in just her facial expressions. What an amazing actress. :)

Yes, that's the book!

Two "classic" beauties:

and a more modern one:

Just saw Serendipity. Kate Beckinsale was fabulous but it was her voice and accent that blew me away. :)

Wow... Great pic. I agree with Stephen - it took me a few seconds to match actors and characters. That little mechanic looks much better in silk, I say...

Yeah, that's pretty crazy. The one that blew me away was River. With no knowledge of her psychopathic tendencies, you'd think she was some sort of seductress. :)