MRZ

Beautiful Women and Men

209 posts in this topic

ClaudiaBassols001.jpg

This lovely woman was part of a group that ate its way through Spain with Mario Batali for a PBS series.

(One needs to see her in

in order to experience the full effect.)

Wow, she is a knockout. And the show looks pretty cool, too.

A few of my choices for beautiful women:

post-64-1224009008.jpg

Morena Baccarin (as Inara in Serenity/Firefly)

post-64-1224009048.jpg

Julie Christie, in Dr. Zhivago

post-64-1224010245.jpg

Audrey Hepburn, in Roman Holiday

Claudia Bassols is very lovely, I'd never seen her before. I like b/w portraits, also.

I'll add Yvonne Strahovski, from "Chuck". I'm jealous of Zachary Levi each week. :)

83361.jpg

I agree, Yvonne Strahovski is very pretty. Another one of my favorites is Keri Russell. I found it hard to find a good picture, but here's a few.

xin_5204032911381461412938.jpg

001473510146.jpg

33824611.jpg

Also, a quote of hers from imdb is very cool: "Yeah, I like being on my own. I do. I tend to be a loner, so I'm okay. I'm not okay when I have to be around everyone all the time."

I know that Morena Baccarin is beautful, but in Firefly, they went out of their way

to make her look beautiful. In the case of Jewel Staite, they went out of their way

to make her look like a nerdy mechanic, but that doesn't mean she is:

post-334-1224271306.jpg

Larry Bretthorst

larry@bayes.wustl.edu

I didn't have a problem with her being a nerdy mechanic. :) And I much preferred her in Firefly to her character in Stargate Atlantis. I don't know what it is, but I found her very attractive in Firefly but not at all in SGA.

A list of beautiful women would not be complete without some pictures of Adriana Francesca Lima. It's hard to find pictures of her that are not provocative, since she is a lingerie model. But I persevered, and found some. An amazingly beautiful woman. One of the pictures I included simply because she looks like Sophia Loren in it. And the last picture is I think easily the best picture of Morena Baccarin.

adriana_lima_72.jpg

Adriana-Lima-13.jpg

--c7e1298cd2.jpg

adriana_lima_50_1680x1050.jpg

115504_large.jpg

tilt2k6adrianalima051600x12005.jpg

Morena_Baccarin_011.jpg

I know that Morena Baccarin is beautful, but in Firefly, they went out of their way

to make her look beautiful. In the case of Jewel Staite, they went out of their way

I like her character in Firefly, but in terms of appearance (not contradicted by various other photos outside of the Firefly context), I think she's average - at best. I don't think they went out of their way to diminish her looks, she just doesn't have them. She was probably excellently cast for the role of mechanic, it would have been incongruous to have a woman as beautiful as Baccarin for that role.

At Ceasars Forum Shops there is a Victoria's Secret store. When a person walks in they are greeted with large flat screen TVs that are constantly filled with beautiful Victoria's Secret models of which Adriana Francesca Lima is one of. This store also has many very large pictures of Adriana all over their walls. I love when my wife wants to stop in this store and look at all the new and beautiful products.

A few of my choices for beautiful women:

post-64-1224009008.jpg

Morena Baccarin (as Inara in Serenity/Firefly)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't she standing in a Frank Lloyd Wright house? Perhaps the John Storer House, or one of the other three he was building at the same time...the pattern on the block isn't familiar to me...

We would take that despised outcast of the building industry--the concrete block--out from underfoot or the gutter--find a hitherto unexpected soul in it--make it live as a thing of beauty--textured like the trees.

How fitting, if it is true, Morena, "a thing of beauty" within the place where Wright went searching for just such an unexpected soul.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't she standing in a Frank Lloyd Wright house? Perhaps the John Storer House, or one of the other three he was building at the same time...the pattern on the block isn't familiar to me...

I found the pic by googling and unfortunately it didn't have much context, so I don't know. It would be interesting to know, though.

I found the pic by googling and unfortunately it didn't have much context, so I don't know. It would be interesting to know, though.

Looks like it was a FLW, and the Ennis House in particular.

Ennis house block detail:

ennis_blockD.jpg

I like her character in Firefly, but in terms of appearance (not contradicted by various other photos outside of the Firefly context), I think she's average - at best. I don't think they went out of their way to diminish her looks, she just doesn't have them. She was probably excellently cast for the role of mechanic, it would have been incongruous to have a woman as beautiful as Baccarin for that role.

Morena Baccarin is one of my all time favorites, the quintessential beauty, with the soft voice to match. Inara was the biggest reason I enjoyed Firefly.

I must say you have very good taste... Morena Baccarin is just... wow! :blink:

The one who comes closest to my ideals though is Ashiwarya Rai, especially in this picture:

20h3itx.jpg

Just look at those eyes!

The one who comes closest to my ideals though is Ashiwarya Rai ....

She won the 1994 Miss World title and was described by movie critic Roger Ebert as "not only the first but also the second most beautiful woman in the world."

The one who comes closest to my ideals though is Ashiwarya Rai ....

She won the 1994 Miss World title and was described by movie critic Roger Ebert as "not only the first but also the second most beautiful woman in the world."

This must mean that my standards are set just about right. :blink:

She has also studied architecture btw. Seems like she's got brains too.

aishwarya_rai_received_ash1.jpg

aishwarya12-v.jpg

aishwarya_rai61.jpg

And the thing that both Rai and Baccarin have going for them is not just their beauty, but that they are both excellent actresses. Rai was terrific in Bride and Prejudice... and a few Bollywoods I've seen in the local Indian buffet :blink:.

I ran across these pictures of 52 modern actresses/models as old-fashioned pin-up girls. Wow. Some I wouldn't have recognized if the pictures weren't labeled.

I ran across these pictures of 52 modern actresses/models as old-fashioned pin-up girls. Wow. Some I wouldn't have recognized if the pictures weren't labeled.

Fun to see Firefly's Summer Glau in that list.

Wow is right! I love the playfulness of the themes, an element sadly lacking in most photo shoots today.

One of my favorite babes today for beauty is the Finish singer Tarja Turunen. It's not just for her looks, but also for her voice. I love her eyes as well. :rolleyes:

tarja_02.jpg

She sings both opera and metal. I discovered her when I saw the band Nightwish and I realized what I liked about the band was her. Then later I discovered she sings opera.

Here she is singing Ave Maria:

This is an amateur video of her singing Nirvanna's "Smells Like Teen Spirit" at a modeling show:

Thanks for that link, Ed. Can't help but dig Kristen Stewart and what a body Jurnee Smollett has.

Fun to see Firefly's Summer Glau in that list.
And Zooey Deschanel. Her picture wasn't the prettiest of the lot, but it fits her style.

This is a really nice set of photos, and a good selection of Hollywood beauties (save for Jane Fonda). I knew they had it right when I saw the very lovely Emily Blunt (one of my top favorites) on the list. I'll grant that her photo doesn't do her justice though. There are too many good photos for me to even try to rank them.