MRZ

Beautiful Women and Men

209 posts in this topic

Aishwarya Rai I must absolutely agree with...beautiful, classy, elegant (it helps that I'm a total nut for Bollywood movies).

Kate Beckinsale too; she would have totally fit in with the classic beauties in the early "Silver Screen" days.

As far as the men go...since I see this thread is quite dominated by beautiful women...I must say the top of my list has always been Taylor Hanson (especially now that he's a man)...ah, so gorgeous...

taylorhanson.jpg

Drool...

One that I never could understand was Brad Pitt -- totally not handsome in my book.

And I just came across a picture of Marlon Brando...never really paid much attention to classic actors but this looks like the type of man (classic, suave, gentleman) that our society (or at least my generation in particular) is sorely lacking. Too many men in my generation that sport messy hair, dirty t-shirts, and baggy jeans, wasting away in front of a video game all day long. Whatever happened to men being gentlemen and women being ladies?

And I just came across a picture of Marlon Brando...

Hmmm....I've lost it now....I was looking at other pictures and most of them are quite different from the one in particular I was looking at. Quite a different image.

I know my step-mom is quite fond of Gregory Peck, and I suppose I can agree with her.

Then of course there is the ever-handsome Sean Connery. I don't care what age you are...that is a handsome man.

And I just came across a picture of Marlon Brando...never really paid much attention to classic actors but this looks like the type of man (classic, suave, gentleman) that our society (or at least my generation in particular) is sorely lacking. Too many men in my generation that sport messy hair, dirty t-shirts, and baggy jeans, wasting away in front of a video game all day long. Whatever happened to men being gentlemen and women being ladies?

Was it something like this?

http://hotblokes.com/film/marlon_brando_0.jpg

I think that's interesting, because I believe it was the dark and brooding bad boy look that made Marlon Brando a sex icon among women:

http://s3.tinypic.com/1zx9pwz_th.jpg

http://i34.tinypic.com/2ed5z5d.jpg

Personally I very much admire the classic, suave, gentleman. I think there's something refined yet distinctly masculine about it. Gary Cooper is someone I admire for that

coop.jpg

http://aesthetictraditionalist.files.wordp...per-6231378.jpg

I think that's interesting, because I believe it was the dark and brooding bad boy look that made Marlon Brando a sex icon among women:

http://s3.tinypic.com/1zx9pwz_th.jpg

http://i34.tinypic.com/2ed5z5d.jpg

Personally I very much admire the classic, suave, gentleman. I think there's something refined yet distinctly masculine about it. Gary Cooper is someone I admire for that

coop.jpg

http://aesthetictraditionalist.files.wordp...per-6231378.jpg

I saw an interview with Brandon toward the end of his life. He was a total spaced out nut case. I agree with your view of Gary Cooper. I also liked Gregory Peck as a refined masculine type. Patric Magohan (sp?) was another.

Too many men in my generation that sport messy hair, dirty t-shirts, and baggy jeans, wasting away in front of a video game all day long. Whatever happened to men being gentlemen and women being ladies?

The Evolution of the Leading Man:

evolutionOfTheLeadingMan.gif

(As far as I know, this image was created by one Brandon Bird.)

Too many men in my generation that sport messy hair, dirty t-shirts, and baggy jeans, wasting away in front of a video game all day long. Whatever happened to men being gentlemen and women being ladies?

(As far as I know, this image was created by one Brandon Bird.)

Oh my god, that is bloody fantastic! I wonder if there's one for women too...lol.

Gender differences are artificial social constructs... don't you know anything? :rolleyes:

But seriously, I once heard a young gay man remark "it's getting harder to tell the straight guys from the gay ones..."

For me it's Angelina. I think she is amazing. Absolutely amazing. I think the constant comparisons with Megan Fox are a favor to Fox. Megan Fox is also very beautiful, though.

I always think Brad Pitt looks like a young Robert Redford.

Wow - that last one looks a lot like me. I guess there's a chance in Hollywood for me ;)

For me it's Angelina. I think she is amazing. Absolutely amazing. I think the constant comparisons with Megan Fox are a favor to Fox. Megan Fox is also very beautiful, though.

I don’t really understand the comments about Fox being “the next Angelina Jolie”. First of all, Jolie is only 34! To say she has a successor implies her career is waning or that her status as a sex symbol is over, which are neither anywhere near the case. Also, her sex status is partly due to her youth and beauty but largely to her presence on screen. I think she’ll be seducing audiences for the next 20 years and she’ll remain an icon for decades after that. Megan Fox is a beauty, but seriously, people liked her in one movie. I don’t mean that to demean her in any way, but the kind of praise she’s been receiving is totally out of proportion to her accomplishments. Let’s take it one movie at a time. ;)

There is another actress that I find to be extremely beautiful, sexy and feminine: Catherine Zeta Jones.

catherine-zeta-jones-6.jpg

And

portalcab_foto_catherine-zeta-jones.jpg

Disclaimer: I'm still very much under the influence of the movie She's Out of My League .

:D

Here's Alice Eve:

aliceevansTeriPengi_169954s.jpg

(It is incredible how subtly applied makeup can help an actor project a variety of personas. Because it suits the impact needed at the very beginning of this movie, AE looks almost unapproachable during the opening credits. Later on she's far softer.)

Here's Juliet Prowse.

[...]

.Beautiful acting

. . . . . . .and dancing ....

. . . . . . . . . . . . . * * * * * * * Juliet Prowse * * * * * * *

Here's Juliet Prowse.

[...]

.Beautiful acting

. . . . . . .and dancing ....

. . . . . . . . . . . . . * * * * * * * Juliet Prowse * * * * * * *

A real stunner. She is wonderful to watch opposite Elvis in G. I. Blues, a movie I saw many times as a young boy. The Pocketful of Rainbows scene is one of my favorite musical moments.

Here's a great pic of sports reporter, Sara Carbonero:

sara_amor_luis_presenters_at_bloemfontein.jpg

(I couldn't find a smaller version of this pic. I decided those eyes are worth the imposition.)

Carbonero is dating Casillas, the Spanish national "football" team's goalie.

"Ashiwarya Rai" = wow! She's amazing.

"Aishwarya Rai" = wow! She's amazing.

A movie critic -- I think it was Roger Ebert -- once said, "Not only is Aishwarya Rai the most beautiful woman in the world, but she is also the second most beautiful woman as well."

aishwarya-rai-pic.jpg

"Aishwarya Rai" = wow! She's amazing.

A movie critic -- I think it was Roger Ebert -- once said, "Not only is Aishwarya Rai the most beautiful woman in the world, but she is also the second most beautiful woman as well."

aishwarya-rai-pic.jpg

I can see how one could come to that conclusion. I've never seen her before.

When I was in high school I started dating a petite Italian girl who looked a lot like that. She was about 5'2", really cute. She did some face modeling, as you might expect. She looked very similar to Miss Rai. When she was 12 years old her family (living in Spain at the time) was taking a vacation in Egypt when they were approached by a wealthy Arab who initially offered them 12 camels for her. We always laughed about the story as her dad would say, "Sometimes I wonder if I should have taken the offer..." We broke up when I was in college and recently reconnnected through facebook. I was happy to see that she's doing well with child and lucky husband.

I've come to really appreciate Philipino women. It's as though they don't age. A friend of mine who just turned 40 brought his 55-year old Philipino wife over to the house this weekend. I was really amazed that she looked half her age. She is ageless, and very beautiful.

I think this thread is missing some Eva Mendes...

vfuyio.jpg

2zxqdz6.jpg

doxnia.jpg

I'm not sure if Rachel McAdams has been mentioned already, but just in case...

347wmx4.jpg

She's got such a lovely smile. It's really contagious.

Greek actor, Alexis Georgoulis:

alex_foto28.jpgalexisbig.jpg

alexis_georghoulis.jpg

Reading through this thread i'm must say i'm a bit disappointed. There are several posts of male hotness, but no James Bond! Someone ought to fix this...

9fntrl.jpg

5x4och.jpg

vra9hk.jpg

Yes, I have somewhat of a man-crush on him. He's also my personal style-icon. Perceft combination of a masculine and rugged face and physique, while being a stylish gentleman. And of course, he's Mr. Bond.