PRN

Photography

243 posts in this topic

LOL Patrick!!

You're cats are FANTASTIC!!  I love those pictures!! :D

Caramel attacking Peppermint is priceless!!  His eyes almost don't look real! 

In the next picture of them in the plastic bag, both of their eyes are gorgeous, but Peppermints' almost look human.

Thank you for posting those! They gave me really good laugh! :D

~Carrie~

In some of the pictures, their eyes actually aren't real. The red-eye (from the flash) was so bad that I had to remove it and flood the remaining area with black just to make their eyes look normal.

Here's what the original picture looked like (click to enlarge):

DSCN3924.JPG.xs.jpg

As you can see, it was a great picture other than Peppermint's eyes. So, I fixed his eyes. The only problem is that even after fixing them, his eyes still look a little weird.

But thank you for the compliments. These cats really are fantastic! :D

Patrick,  your kittens are so adorable - especially that little Peppermint!  Seeing them makes me long to have my own cats again.  Please keep posting pictures of them!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you! :D Here's some more pictures (click on them to enlarge):

sink.jpg.xs.jpg

DSCN4043.JPG.xs.jpg

cuddlykitties.jpg.xs.jpg

DSCN4013.JPG.xs.jpg

DSCN3982.JPG.xs.jpg

happytogether.jpg.xs.jpg

DSCN3972.JPG.xs.jpg

Charles: I have often wondered that myself. I have 2 cats. :D

Patrick: Those are very good photos of your kittens! :D

You have caught their personality extremely well!

Hmmmm,  I wonder why so many Objectivists have cats?!?

Because they are so purrfect? :D

Actually, until recently I had been a cat person all my life, and then I fell in love with our beautiful and brilliant golden retriever Cali.

post-1-1122859446_thumb.jpg

Patrick, those photos are fantastic. They highlight one of my favorite aspects of cats: disciplined relaxation. :D

Because they are so purrfect?  :D

Actually, until recently I had been a cat person all my life, and then I fell in love with our beautiful and brilliant golden retriever Cali.

post-1-1122859446_thumb.jpg

Yes, that lovely book cover looks like my avatar (Lautner's breathtaking Sheats/Goldstein house). :D

And do I spy a Frank Lloyd Wright coaster on the table? Cali is certainly lucky to reside in such a beautiful environment!

I was too, until I got my Mastiff. I named her Bella (beautiful). :D

The only problem with Bella is that she is terrified of the Camera! So the blurriness in one of the pictures is Bella being afraid :D

bella1.jpg

bella2.jpg

bella3.jpg

bella4.jpg

Yes, that lovely book cover looks like my avatar (Lautner's breathtaking Sheats/Goldstein house).  :D

My, what a coincidence. :D

Great choice for an avatar.

And do I spy a Frank Lloyd Wright coaster on the table?

You have eagle-eyes. We have a bunch of different Wright coasters sprinkled throughout the house. And the area rugs that are partially visible are based on Wright's prairie designs that we modified and had made into rugs.

Cali is certainly lucky to reside in such a beautiful environment!

Thanks, but she herself adds grace, dignity, beauty, and a whole lot of fun to our home. :D A fair trade!

I was too, until I got my Mastiff. I named her Bella (beautiful). :D

Bella looks beautiful. Cali says she would love to meet Bella.

(Problem is, Cali does not really know what a dog is and how a dog should act. She thinks she is just a furry person and is totally into people, not understanding the way the few dogs she has met want to play.)

I actually have some pictures that aren't blurry!

I took my way-young siblings to the park one day and took a few pictures :D. My little sister, in particular, had loads of fun.

Here is my brother Truman (7) on the swings:

jasons_camera_038.jpg

And my sister Harper (5) on the monkey-bars:

jasons_camera_018.jpg

And finally one of my brother Landon (12) and Harper (5) looking at some ducks:

jasons_camera_042.jpg

Bella looks beautiful. Cali says she would love to meet Bella. 

(Problem is, Cali does not really know what a dog is and how a dog should act. She thinks she is just a furry person and is totally into people, not understanding the way the few dogs she has met want to play.)

I'd be afraid that all the neighborhood boy-dogs would be sniffing around :D. I don't know if a house of such beauties could stand it!

Coincidentally, Bella has the same problem. She is in love with every person she meets, but doesn't even turn her head to the *few* dogs she runs across.

Oh and Bella barked "sure" to the invite :D.

And finally one of my brother Landon (12) and Harper (5) looking at some ducks:

jasons_camera_042.jpg

Those are two nice-looking, happy-looking kids. Between just them and Bella, you have a great looking family.

Those are two nice-looking, happy-looking kids. Between just them and Bella, you have a great looking family.

I didn't know we had so much in common!

Thank you for your compliments. My siblings, especially my little sister, are some of my greatest values. In fact, my little sister was one of the main reasons for me joining the Military.

A girl this beautiful, pure, and innocent, deserves a world free from the horrors of terrorism and evil.

jasons_camera_016.JPG

Because they are so purrfect?  :D 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes.

Here are some more cat pictures for all to enjoy (especially SCS) :D :

DSCN4063.JPG.xs.jpg

DSCN4064.JPG.xs.jpg

DSCN4059.JPG.xs.jpg

DSCN4032.JPG.xs.jpg

I don't mean to break up the cat theme here. But then I guess I do, because dogs are obviously better. But here are some flying pictures I took when I was working on my private certificate a couple years ago.

P1010065copy.jpg

And

air1.jpg

Tom, I love the second picture!

I have only been up in a private plane once when my father was getting his license. It really is a much more fulfilling experience than flying commercial.

Do you have any more pictures of you up in the air?

That second one is actually in a steep turn. Tell no one, but I take the pictures myself. Meaning that I fly with one hand (the other is usually on the throttle, rpm, mixture, radio, gps, air vents, autopilot, trim, or the instruments themselves)--even during the landing photo...I did it all with one hand, took pictures with the other. I like to boast my skill.

404.jpg

Another steep turn (at a legal height, of course):

48.jpg

air2.jpg

I have to admit. I had a hard time studying over the weekend with an affectionate cat. I think Peppermint got exhausted in my Investment Lecture. Poor cat! :D But he told me that it was quite a fascinating topic.

My son and I love swimming in our pool, so when we first got Cali we were very concerned about her being scared of the water. People had told us some horror stories of how their dogs were so frightened by the first experience that they never went back in the water again. We wanted to play with Cali in the pool, so we were determined not to let this be a bad first experience for her. We took the little puppy to the edge of the pool and my son and I both got in. While we were in the process of debating about how to slowly introduce her to the water, Cali jumped over our heads and dived in! Now I cannot get her out of the pool :D

Cali loves to dive for tennis balls in the pool. I throw the ball into the middle and she takes a running leap into the pool, retrieving the ball and bringing it back to me by the steps. She can do this all day. Here are a few shots of Cali playing in the pool.

post-1-1123204292_thumb.jpg

post-1-1123204357_thumb.jpg

post-1-1123204410_thumb.jpg

Fantastic! :D

I love dogs, especially retrievers. I plan to get a labrador eventually, once we have a house and a yard.