PRN

Photography

243 posts in this topic

Enough cats, more airplanes! Once in a while, in the course of my work, I get to have some insane fun. Flying the back seat of a T-6 (WWII era trainer) was one of those days.

From your picture it looks like a rather tight squeeze in the back seat. Do you have a picture of the T-6? Besides helicopters I have never flown in military fighters or trainers but I have flown in enough cargo carriers like the C-130.

I have never parachuted but I have done fast roping from buildings, helicopters and mountains. The most "insane" thing that I can relate to your flying is fast extraction. In fast extraction you have a harness attached to you and a helicopter comes by with a rope hanging out of it and you attach yourself to it. The helicopter does not land or stop, you run out from a secure area and attach and take off like superman. Once attached the average height the helicopter is supposed to fly is 500 feet above the tallest object and that includes mountains. You are attached to a rope out of the end of a helicopter by a locking hook the size of a small fist! Then the pilot might decide to play games and dunk you into the ocean, or close to it, what fun.

Enjoy your flying.

Dave,

Very funny, very funny. :lol:

From your picture it looks like a rather tight squeeze in the back seat.  Do you have a picture of the T-6?  Besides helicopters I have never flown in military fighters or trainers but I have flown in enough cargo carriers like the C-130.

Here it is:

post-244-1129788799_thumb.jpg

This particular plane is the only authentic aircraft in existence that originally belonged to the 332nd Fighter Group, aka, the Tuskegee Airmen. More info on the plane can be found here.

I once flew from Guam to Hawaii on a C-130. Not anxious to do it again.

Enough cats, more airplanes!

OK, here is my favorite from the Miramar Air Show last weekend.

post-183-1129793261_thumb.jpg

Sarah is very much enjoying being back home in Nebraska for her brother's wedding:

post-10-1133645368_thumb.jpg

(And, yes, she is quite a good shot -- so don't test her or her moderator privileges. :) :))

Alex, what a well rounded woman you have chosen. Not only can she hunt to secure food for you while you finish you masters degree. But, she also has beautifully painted finger-nails. WHAT A WOMAN! :)

Alex, what a well rounded woman you have chosen.  Not only can she hunt to secure food for you while you finish you masters degree.  But, she also has beautifully painted finger-nails.  WHAT A WOMAN!  :)

LOL! Yes!

I need some lessons :)

I thought Sarah was gorgeous from her little pic and now I'm even more convinced :)

Here is one more of just Paige and I during "Take Dad To School Day". She is the Princess of the castle.

Alex, what a well rounded woman you have chosen.  Not only can she hunt to secure food for you while you finish you masters degree.  But, she also has beautifully painted finger-nails.  WHAT A WOMAN!  :)

LOL!  Yes!

I need some lessons :)

I thought Sarah was gorgeous from her little pic and now I'm even more convinced :)

Thanks very much to you both; she is quite a woman. :)

As Alex mentioned, I was just in Nebraska for my brother's wedding.

Here is one of my sister, my brother, and me at his wedding. Katie (my sister) is two years younger than me, and Adam (my brother) is one year older than me.

And here is one of my beautiful niece, Iris (my brother's 3 1/2 year old daughter). She is one of the people I miss most in Nebraska! :)

DSCN4802.JPG.xs.jpg

DSCN4803.JPG.xs.jpg

Here are some new pictures of Caramel and Peppermint (you can see larger versions by clicking on the images).

They were named after the cats in a children's book from my childhood. Actually, the book was originally bought in the 1960s for my mom when she was a kid, and then she gave it to me when I was a kid. It’s about 40 years old! You can see them posing with the book in the pictures.

The story is about kittens that were born in a candy store. The mother cat's name is Candy, and her kittens are Peppermint, Caramel, Lollipop and Chocolate Drop.

Patrick

This is one I took while canoeing at a park in Tallahassee. What I love about it is that I haven't cropped it at all, and I took while the canoe was still moving! And the turtle's kinda cute too.

post-684-1140498009_thumb.jpg

Patrick, I think there is no doubt that you qualify for membership on this forum with that photo of your book case. ;)

We seem to have a crazy habit in this thread of paying more attention to the book cases that we see than the main subject of the photo. :D

ziggykd,

Fast film and a slow turtle. Excellent! Where's Link?

[Obscure reference to the film Rocky, where the names of Rocky's pet turtles are Cuff and Link]. ;)

This is one I took while canoeing at a park in Tallahassee.  What I love about it is that I haven't cropped it at all, and I took while the canoe was still moving!  And the turtle's kinda cute too.

That is a good shot. It looks like a Yellow Belly turtle, which is related to Red Eared Slider turtles. I used to have Red Eared Slider turtles. See their picture below:

turtles.jpg.xs.jpg

Unfortunately, I do not have any good shots of them.

These are some of my favorite pictures of myself:

My high school girlfriend and I, downtown Miami.

post-684-1140577113_thumb.jpg

Probably my favorite of all time. My brother took this shot -- he's got a good eye.

post-684-1140577268_thumb.jpg

Halloween, 2003, with a huge stogie! ;)

That is a really striking picture!

Thanks Stephen! We hired a photographer to take a series of photos of us around Miami, where we used to live. That was by far my favorite from the set.

Some others that I liked:

hmm... I've run out of attachment space ;)

Here are a couple other ones, I think these were taken in Coral Gables somewhere. Enjoy!

arch2.jpg

fountain2.jpg

Here's two pictures I took in Valley Forge back in 2004.

I took this in the northern part of Israel near the Mediterranean Sea in 2004.

My killer guard dog, an 8-lb. Chihuahua named Blacky.

---------------

post-1-1123204410_thumb.jpg

I've been wondering who that guy was sitting next to Einstein. Now I realize it is YOU!