PRN

Photography

243 posts in this topic

Smile :( for the Kodak moment

Man, how did I miss this thread! Here's my dogs Sam and Ella, or as we like to call them, salmonella.

post-181-1156297369_thumb.jpg

post-181-1156297394_thumb.jpg

Here's my dogs Sam and Ella, or as we like to call them, salmonella.

What breed are they and what are their personalities like?

Man, how did I miss this thread! Here's my dogs Sam and Ella, or as we like to call them, salmonella.

Very cute dogs!

What breed are they and what are their personalities like?

These are both speckled miniature dachsunds (I think speckled is the term...). Sammy (on the left) is older and really wimpy. One time I opened the front door and he darted out towards a huge dog on the sidewalk - he stopped about 10 feet from it and began crying. I guess it looked smaller from far away! Ella is much younger and..well, mentally lacking (she runs into the wall a lot). Sometimes she'll roll onto her back and grasp at the air, which is a sign that she did something bad and is guilty - usually meaning she peed on the carpet somewhere nearby.

My only complaint is that they bark way, way too much. I don't know if it's a dachsund thing, but they'll bark at anyone they see out the window or (if they're out back) anyone in the neighbors' lawns. If they can't find anyone, they'll bark at thin air. :)

Some spectacular photographs from a recent trip to the Canadian Rockies.

Wonderful photo. That white car fits perfectly with the background.

Wonderful photo. That white car fits perfectly with the background.

Thanks. Here is a link to a Slide Show with more photos from Seattle and the Canadian Rockies

-Lakshmi

Guess Who? (Hint: from 1970)

Aaaaaa! Hippies!

(I've never met them, but from other pix I've seen I think I know who they are. :blink:)

Wow... Don't judge on appearance (alone) indeed!

Thanks. Here is a link to a Slide Show with more photos from Seattle and the Canadian Rockies

Those are good pics of the Banff region, Lakshmi. Looks like that was a good trip!

Those are good pics of the Banff region, Lakshmi. Looks like that was a good trip!

Thanks Manu! Yes it was a wonderful trip. I got to see some breathtaking scenery.

-Lakshmi

Well, they're just as cute as their mom/aunt is pretty! :)

;)

He's adorable and he definitely has your smile.

:)

My kid

patryksept232006nh5.jpg

My niece

claudiakx5.jpg

Very cute kids. I'd be smiling like that too if I could have so many cheese puffs...

Here is a photograph of something never before available. I took some pictures of petroglyphs in the-middle-of nowhere, Arizona. If you are like me, you might have questioned the authenticity of some of the petroglyphs at National Monuments. I often wondered if recent people added to the pictures carved by ancient people. Since these were far from any roads or habitations, I am quite sure they are authentic and untouched. I presume archaeologists know of this site.

post-26-1165728539_thumb.jpg

Here is a photograph of something never before available. I took some pictures of petroglyphs in the-middle-of nowhere, Arizona. If you are like me, you might have questioned the authenticity of some of the petroglyphs at National Monuments. I often wondered if recent people added to the pictures carved by ancient people. Since these were far from any roads or habitations, I am quite sure they are authentic and untouched. I presume archaeologists know of this site.

post-26-1165728539_thumb.jpg

Not the White Tank Mountains, right? I've seen the same thing there, but hikers/campers go there all the time, so it's not exactly secluded.

Not the White Tank Mountains, right? I've seen the same thing there, but hikers/campers go there all the time, so it's not exactly secluded.

No. This was 40+ miles northwest of Tuscon. There were dozens of 2' diameter rocks with the carvings scattered on a low hill.