PRN

Photography

243 posts in this topic

*sigh* I always hope that, one day, I'll get to see a sunset with green in it. Leave it to reality to leave the best color out. :angry:

*sigh* I always hope that, one day, I'll get to see a sunset with green in it. Leave it to reality to leave the best color out. :angry:

Some thirty years ago, while walking south from Cheyenne I saw a most beautiful sunset with alternating purple, green and pink clouds. Strangely beautiful, indeed.

You are not alone in your desire. :)

kermit6.jpg

Some thirty years ago, while walking south from Cheyenne I saw a most beautiful sunset with alternating purple, green and pink clouds. Strangely beautiful, indeed.

Leave out the pink (ew Pepto!) and throw in a 40-ton flying hamburger and you just described my idea of heaven! :angry:

You are not alone in your desire. biggrin.gif

:) Where's Miss Piggy?! She rocks!

I went to the Natural History Museum this past weekend. In celebration of Darwin's birthday, there was an exhibit of orchids that Darwin had used to help prove his theory of natural selection. Here are some of my photographs.

(I hope the link works. It's the first time I'm trying this.)

Taken on various trips around BC last year.

Garibaldi Provincial Park

garibaldiprovincialpark.jpg

Squamish area

squamish.jpg

Pemberton area

elfinlakes.jpg

Those are totally gorgeous! Thanks for posting them here.

Here are some of my photographs.

There is something very sensual about Orchids.

Thanks for sharing.

Your photos are wonderful. What type of camera did you use? Is it digital?

Thanks!

I need something that is light and ideally fits in my pocket. I use point and shot (with some manual capability) digital Casio Exilim V8 on hiking trips.

Two more:

Manning Park

manningpark.jpg

Joffrey lakes Trail:

joffreylakes.jpg

Outstanding photos. Thanks!

[Yet, I must confess, the "killjoy" capitalist in me would like to see much of that land and water drilled and dredged. Canada has too many nature-worshippers, goddamnit! :wacko:]

[Yet, I must confess, the "killjoy" capitalist in me would like to see much of that land and water drilled and dredged. Canada has too many nature-worshippers, goddamnit! :wacko:]
Really? I'd rather some greedy capitalistic company purchased it, charged an entrace fee, and made an enormous profit. :P

[Yet, I must confess, the "killjoy" capitalist in me would like to see much of that land and water drilled and dredged. Canada has too many nature-worshippers, goddamnit! :P]
Really? I'd rather some greedy capitalistic company purchased it, charged an entrace fee, and made an enormous profit. :D

I wouldn't mind that...in a number of places...but you've got to first get past the Canadian Establishment, which makes the U.S Left seem capitalistic.

In any case, my words were intended as a mild vent, nothing more. :wacko:

but you've got to first get past the Canadian Establishment, which makes the U.S Left seem capitalistic.

Some time ago this was very accurate. Today I place it in the territory of exaggeration, sadly.

In terms of choosing a place to live - I very much like the lifestyle that living here allows. I go hiking or sailing on weekdays after work. I would not trade that for double as much money while commuting hours in traffic in LA. It all depends what you want out of life.

but you've got to first get past the Canadian Establishment, which makes the U.S Left seem capitalistic.

Some time ago this was very accurate. Today I place it in the territory of exaggeration, sadly.

In terms of choosing a place to live - I very much like the lifestyle that living here allows. I go hiking or sailing on weekdays after work. I would not trade that for double as much money while commuting hours in traffic in LA. It all depends what you want out of life.

I lived in Vancouver for 27 years starting in 1966. I thought it was the most beautiful place on earth, and weep when I hear of gang warfare in this (once?) most elegant of cities. Canada was the only country I knew where you could legally pack your entire currency fortune in a suitcase, and leave the country without reporting to anyone. (The USA always had the 10G reporting requirement.)

(The day's of just whipping across the border for groceries or a beer are long gone; unless one want's to go through a bureaucratic mill.)

The two things I enjoy most about your photos are your dramatic compositions and striking use of color.

Few more:

cimg1971.jpg

Lower Joffrey Lake

cimg1962.jpg

Middle Joffrey Lake

cimg19602.jpg

I do not know if I understand your first sentence. Do you mean that it is easier to buy land like you have taken pictures of, or do you mean that you like the fact that there is government land for you to use?

I do agree with your second paragraph, not that you are asking for my agreement. After many years in cold climates, I value living in warm cliimates more. But I do value having enough land that would allow me to go outside and not see my neighbor if I did not want to. From your pictures (which are very nice) it looks like a person could go out hiking and not see another person for hours.