RayK

CLK 55 AMG

16 posts in this topic

In different threads I have stated how much I enjoy the SL500 Roadster and the Chevrolet Corvette. But, in this thread I am going to show the GOOD (for me), that my new car is; the Mercedes-Benz CLK 55 AMG. Follow the link to see what a powerful beauty it is. For those that enjoy beautiful and powerful cars I hope that joy awaits.

http://www.mbusa.com/models/main.do?modelCode=CLK55A

p.s. It is not brand new but it is still a beauty.

p.s.s. Other GOODs are Objectivism and Capitalism as it is the understanding of both that has allowed me to create enough wealth to afford such a wonderful car.

In different threads I have stated how much I enjoy the SL500 Roadster and the Chevrolet Corvette. But, in this thread I am going to show the GOOD (for me), that my new car is; the Mercedes-Benz CLK 55 AMG. Follow the link to see what a powerful beauty it is. For those that enjoy beautiful and powerful cars I hope that joy awaits.

http://www.mbusa.com/models/main.do?modelCode=CLK55A

Congratulations Ray! You chose a very fine car. Enjoy it. (I know you will. ;) )

Did you get the black color you wanted on the Corvette, or a different color?

Congratulations Ray! You chose a very fine car. Enjoy it. (I know you will. ;) )

Did you get the black color you wanted on the Corvette, or a different color?

Thank you.

I bought a silver one just like in the picture with black leather interior.

Congrats, Ray!

Tuners are a dime of dozen, but AMG is in a league of its own.

I'm still amazed that Damlier had the smarts to buy them. If only Porsche would "adopt" Ruf...

How's the ride on urban roads, Ray?

JohnRGT

Congrats, Ray!

How's the ride on urban roads, Ray?

JohnRGT

Thanks John.

Running from stop light to stop light is okay, but the real fun begins when I get on the freeway. The car gets up to sixty in around 5 seconds which is before I get off the on ramp. It also moves from lane to lane very smoothly, I am impressed.

I must say that after 4 days of driving this car that I am even more impressed. The CLK55 AMG is a luxuriously made car with a large amount of speed for those that love to punch the gas pedal. Watch out though because in just a couple of heart-beats you will be above the speed limit and able to catch cops in front of you.

I love backing it out of my garage and out onto the street. Then I slowly creep through the community that I live in and out onto a 4 lane road. Once I hit this point I can either shift the car myself or leave it in automatic. If I really want to accelerate I shift it myself up through the gears and RPM. The force of "take off" will thrust the driver and passanger(s) back into their seats for a heart pounding accellearation.

I have only mentioned the speed and horsepower but there is so much more. The seats surround you as you set the standards for yourself with multiple electronic options. A soft leather that feels more like a pillow is used for the seat and the headrest. The gear shift is made of leather and wood that is very easy to grip, when needed. The Mercedes-Benz stereo and Bose speakers put out an amazing sound that makes you feel like you are at a concert. Besides the engine rumbling you cannot hear a thing from outside as the doors close with a vacumm seal.

For anyone that loves luxury with power I would highly recommend this car.

OK, OK, OK, just one more link for anyone that wants to enjoy. To everyone else I am sorry, but it is just soooooo much fun to drive. :angry2:

http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?se...article_id=7278

Gee, Ray, it's a shame you really do not like your new car. :angry2:

And, for the next Valentine's day, you can always give her (him?) a supercharger and add another 100 horsepower to those wheels!

Thanks Stephen for the great gift idea. Now, I just have to talk my wife into agreeing with the idea.

At this time I do not have a name for the car as of yet, but it will be a girls name.

Beautiful car Ray. Do you mainly prefer bigger v8 naturally aspirated style cars? I have always had a fondness for many of the nimble turbocharged Japanese cars (think Mitsubishi Evolution)..

Beautiful car Ray. Do you mainly prefer bigger v8 naturally aspirated style cars? I have always had a fondness for many of the nimble turbocharged Japanese cars (think Mitsubishi Evolution)..

I actually enjoyed a Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder convertible as a rental once, and it was a lot of fun. But, the power and the comfort of this car is what I enjoy and prefer now. When needed you can quickly go from 35 to 60 or more and be around almost any car that is in your way. This can be done while sitting in an almost sound proof cabin where one can barely hear the engine roar.

Thanks Stephen for the great gift idea. Now, I just have to talk my wife into agreeing with the idea.

At this time I do not have a name for the car as of yet, but it will be a girls name.

Ask you wife to pick the car's name and she'll be more likely to spoil "her."

Betsy, thank you for the insight and I will apply it.

I have also taken some pictures and along with the name I will keep all that care updated.

A soft leather that feels more like a pillow

yum yum! I just found my dream sofa, just like that!

Congrats!!