Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RJM

Research Funding Invitation

1 post in this topic

To readers of THE FORUM,

I would like to thank FORUM administrator Stephen Speicher for granting an exception to the standard question-and-answer format of "Ask the Experts".

A number of readers have expressed interest in the status of research focussed on the biology of aging, and some have expressed the wish that the work could be accelerated. The purpose of this message is to invite readers who desire and are in a position to make nonsacrificial financial contributions (a selfish investment in the future!) to contact me privately via FORUM personal messaging or e-mail at rjmockett@hotmail.com. I would be happy to discuss and receive feedback on the details of specific research projects I would like to conduct, which are currently stalled due to a lack of funding. Although I hesitate to provide such details in a public forum, anyone who is curious about the scope and nature of the proposed work is encouraged to contact me, with no implied commitment to make a contribution. Additionally, anyone who considers contributing to my work can be assured of candid, private discussion of the planned research at the outset, and subsequent updates on progress. Published results will also be open for discussion on THE FORUM.

I would like to note that this message is not only for the "super-wealthy". Although the amount that can be accomplished is roughly proportional to the size of any donation, and six-figure amounts would obviously have a large impact, only a modest amount is required to initiate the work. Subsequently, donations of any size can be accepted, and will of course be appreciated.

Finally, this invitation will remain in effect until further notice within this topic thread. My thanks to everyone who shares my interest in longevity research.

Sincerely,

RJM

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0