Dufresne

Physical expression of anger

54 posts in this topic

I know the entire operation, easily surpassing people who have been there for 7 or more years. I assumed most of the managerial activities merely by filling the void ...

I LOVE hearing stories like this. Accomplishment, in any field, is to be applauded. Congratulations, Thoyd.

I was right! Failure wasn't an option. Only 8 months into it (had a set back when the entire kitchen collapsed after my promotion) and I am one of the fastest tenders out there. Even got a Harlem Globetrotters move I do with beer pitchers and booze bottles. I know the entire operation, easily surpassing people who have been there for 7 or more years. I assumed most of the managerial activities merely by filling the void (or the space left by "laggers" as my dad calls them) and doing the work myself. I helped sack several dishonest employees (nothing pisses me off more than theft by employees who think they "deserve" it anyway) I am the employee that will turn you in, and in a hurry.

And now the owner today told me he wants to move me into management. That could mean a doubling of my doubled income. I think I know why George Jefferson walked like he did! (Also done tasting the world's different alcohols and beer breeds- I sent my liver to therapy.)

Already got the laptop, and bought my wife her dream car. I think a house may be next. Even writing again. 20 years of seeming stagnation can seem like nothing so fast.

Great passion, living as an achiever, awesome results! What can I say, I'm happy for you. :)

Also done tasting the world's different alcohols and beer breeds- I sent my liver to therapy.

You've taseted the various spirits and mixed drinks you make from them? No wonder you're so good.

Im all my years in the food industry, the number three compalint I hear Re bartenders is that they should taste what they use and mix. (#2, "he gives away too many buy-backs"; #1, "I think he's stealing")

Congratulations on your rapid advancement, Thoyd.