Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RayK

An introduction from Ray

2 posts in this topic

I will start by stating who I am and how I have gotten to this point.

I am 36, married (Sharon), with three children (Ethan, Tyler and Paige) who already know who Ayn Rand is. I first read "The Fountainhead" in October of 1998. It took me about five days of reading from 10pm to 1am, but worth every sleepless minute, as I am sure you all would agree. Since then I have read everything that I can get my hands on by Ayn Rand and other Objectivist authors. I have a list 3 pages long of stuff from the Ayn Rand bookstore that I would like, just need a larger bank account.

After reading and integrating Objectivism for another year and a half I started my own business, Progressive Exercise. While always using Objectivism as my guide, I have grown a business from zero clients to almost ninety clients, as my high point. In May of this year I will have been in business for five years. I use philosophy in every aspect of my business and life, I now see no other way.

The studying of Ayn Rand and Objectivism has lead me to read over six hundred books in just over 6 years. The topics vary on a wide scale but integration of all knowledge is one of my goals. Objectivism has been the key to understanding and achieving my own goals.

I am now writing a book on exercise which I hope will revolutionize the field as most know it. Before I could start the book though I had to bring my writing and thinking up to a proper level. I have spent the last year attempting to do just this. In the book I will try and demonstrate how a proper philosophy of life (Objectivism), must come before we can have a proper philosophy of exercise. Some other exercise authors, such as Mike Mentzer, have done this to a degree, but I think my own research is new and can take it further.

My likes beyond exercise and philosophy range from reading to the challenges of golf. I live in Henderson, Nevada. For those of you who do not know it is a town next to Las Vegas. I would also like to invite any person of like minded ideas to contact me if they are going to come to Las Vegas. I would enjoy meeting people of like minded ideas.

This is the first forum I have joined and look forward to many worthy discussions.

Best regards,

Ray Kilmer

Welcome to THE FORUM, Ray. (This is a belated welcome, since you have already participated in some interesting threads.)

Your proposed exercise book sounds really interesting; I like the premise upon which it is based. I, and, I am sure, others, look forward to reading that book someday.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0