Lady Brin

Testing double space

13 posts in this topic

Am I still getting a double space when I only hit enter?

Wow, does this mean I've somehow fixed the problem?

How do you insert a link so it appears as one word?

Brin

Brin

Crapola, I hit preview, but guess I didn't look at it correctly.

This is driving me mad. I've checked my computer and possible settings on this board. This doesn't happen on other boards and I don't believe it happened on this one until I tried to download spellcheck.

Am I crazy for talking to myself?

Crapola, I hit preview, but guess I didn't look at it correctly.

This is driving me mad. I've checked my computer and possible settings on this board. This doesn't happen on other boards and I don't believe it happened on this one until I tried to download spellcheck.

Am I crazy for talking to myself?

I don't think you're talking to yourself; you're talking to your computer, and that's perfectly sane. I do it all the time. :unsure:

I think I can help you with your question concerning inserting a link so it appears as a word.

You type (url=http://www.domain.com)click here(/url) But, where I used parentheses, use brackets [] instead. I used the parenteses so you could see the format. Instead of click here, you could type just here, clicky, etc.

You can find most of the code for various tags by going to The Forum homepage: click on Help>Tutorials>Code Buttons and click on here at the end of the last sentence of the explanation.

Hope that helps.

Still checking. That response had no space.

I think the problem exists between Zonealarm and Window's firewall.

Brin

I would be brillant if I could figure out WHY this is happening when the writing form appears with task options.

So close, yet so far away.

Yet one question answered - I'm not mad. This is the first time "fast reply" has appeared at the bottom of my screen. What have I changed? Think.

Me, myself and I

Brin

Brin

Is this working

without triple spacing? I think so.

How does the Rich text work? :unsure: Now

I don't see the emotion

I do believe I have the problem solved.

Brin

Yet one question answered ...

You might stand a better chance in getting questions answered in the QUESTIONS forum. Not too many people actually read this TESTING, TESTING forum.

You might stand a better chance in getting questions answered in the QUESTIONS forum. Not too many people actually read this TESTING, TESTING forum.

Hehehe :D - I asked you and Alex, so I was trying options. For some reason, the day before the problem stopped [i think I was using Quick reply], but then returned. I finally figured out by observing everything that appeared on my screen that I believe it has to do with the Rich Text editor and my firewall. I don't remember changing the option from Standard Editor to Rich [a mystery of the universe?]. IE, in the bottom left hand corner, still states that there is an :unsure: Error on page, but it's not showing up in the preview.

Hopefully correctly back in action, but promise to not reply inappropiately,

Brin

BTW, if you want to pull the thread on the movie "Just Cause" I understand. I just happened to pick it up at Wal-Mart because it was on sale for $5 for Father's Day. I seem to be the only person who has watched it.

Where is the Questions Forum? I only see:

The Forum

Facts

Values

Ask the Experts

Who Said This

The Forum Info

The Forum Chat [i tried to open this forum one night at 9:05 PM, but it said it wasn't open, do y'all use it?]

Also, under My Control, it states Paid Subscriptions, but nothing else. If I am suppose to paying, I want to pay, but how much is it and how do I send the money?

Brin

----------

Brin

It's under HELP.

BTW, if you want to pull the thread on the movie "Just Cause" I understand. I just happened to pick it up at Wal-Mart because it was on sale for $5 for Father's Day. I seem to be the only person who has watched it.

Things like this are usually best communicated privately. But, since you have mentioned it, I find nothing wrong at all with putting that movie up for rating. You explained your interest in the movie and that may be helpful to other members. I know, for myself, that if I see Just Cause playing I will record it. I had not heard of the movie until you discussed it, and the cast alone makes it, for me, worthy of a look.

The Forum

Facts

Values

Ask the Experts

Who Said This

The Forum Info

It is in this last category, THE FORUM INFO. QUESTIONS is a subforum under HELP.

The Forum Chat [i tried to open this forum one night at 9:05 PM, but it said it wasn't open, do y'all use it?]

It was fairly popular when it first started, but seems rarely used nowadays.

Also, under My Control, it states Paid Subscriptions, but nothing else. If I am suppose to paying, I want to pay, but how much is it and how do I send the money?

"Paid Subscriptions" is a feature that comes with the software package, but we do not use it since we do not charge for membership on THE FORUM. A number of people have suggested adding a "Donations" button, and I might do that if I can ever figure out how it is done. :unsure:

Thanks for asking, though.