Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Stephen Speicher

Elle's music

13 posts in this topic

I think that's pretty accurate, and I'm always flattered to hear someone remembers my music so thank you!

Speaking of which, I really enjoyed that improvised piano piece you put up for listening a long time ago. If it is still available, could you give the URL again?

If it is still available, could you give the URL again?

I second that. I somehow missed your performance the last time you posted it. :(

Let me take the liberty of posting the url. Here

Wonderful piece!

(Can anyone recommend music akin to this piece? Just one CD that I could go pick off the shelf.)

I think that's pretty accurate, and I'm always flattered to hear someone remembers my music so thank you! I like her because she has intense eyes and a poised mouth. She's classy and mysterious.

This is very pleasant listening Elle. Did you write and play it? I now have it on my media player if you don't mind.

Wonderful piece!

A beautiful piece of music, Elle. If you've written more, I and probably others would like to hear that as well.

This is very pleasant listening Elle. Did you write and play it?

I'm not Elle, but as I recall this was an improvisational piece played by Elle, which impressed me even more.

(Can anyone recommend music akin to this piece? Just one CD that I could go pick off the shelf.)

This depends. Akin in what respect(s) in particular? Instrumentation? Mood? Concept? Style? Tempo? Chord progression? Key? Melody? Amount of tension vs resolution? Degree of improvisation? Rhythm?

Let me take the liberty of posting the url. Here

Wonderful piece!

Yes, "Pianoscapes" played by Michael Jones CD

ND-61001 Distributed by MCA Records.

The music is very similar in mood and style.

Yes, "Pianoscapes" played by Michael Jones CD

ND-61001 Distributed by MCA Records.

The music is very similar in mood and style.

I found a website for Michael Jones, where you can download songs (it looks like an official site). I was not familiar with him before. I agree there are certain similarities.

I'm not Elle, but as I recall this was an improvisational piece played by Elle, which impressed me even more.

Wow, I just found this thread! Thank you everyone for all the compliments, and also for the suggested listening.

Yes, you are welcome to download it and keep it and play it and enjoy it! It was an improvisation of a piece, well, just a theme that I've been developing for a very long time - over 10 years now in fact. It was recorded abour 2 1/2 years ago at my college... It's gone through a lot of development since then. Unfortunately, in the studio we didn't capture the first 90 seconds of build up or so due to not knowing how to use the equipment... but it stills holds up pretty well.

There is a concert grand in the lobby of my apartment building and I practice/improv almost every night. If I ever changed careers I would pursue music.

Thank you for listening! :)

There is a concert grand in the lobby of my apartment building and I practice/improv almost every night.

wow! what an apartment! That sounds great. Let me know when you find one with a useable ballroom! [smile]

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0