Thales

Funny Videos

261 posts in this topic

I thought I'd start a thread in hopes that people here would post funny videos they find on the web. This could be a mini source of the funniest videos on the web and could complement the excellent jokes thread.

I have a couple to start it off. These both had me rolling on the floor. I hope you enjoy them: :(

Life and Death of a Pumpkin

Piz! Is this you? ;)

Gopher Broke

Sorry Piz, but I came across this and you, for some reason, sprang instantly to mind.

Piz! Is this you? :)

Gopher Broke

Sorry Piz, but I came across this and you, for some reason, sprang instantly to mind.

I went to look at it and got "This video has been removed due to terms of use violation." ;)

I went to look at it and got "This video has been removed due to terms of use violation." :)

YouTube does that sometimes, for some reason. Never fear, I was able to search for it and found it again:

GopherBroke

Also, the pumpkin link above doesn't seem to work right.

This is appropriate for Halloween, so I might as well re-link it. This is very funny: ;)

A favorite:

DWI

Oh, that's good! ;)

If you have cherished childhood memories that you don't want to get dashed to bits, don't watch this

YouTube does that sometimes, for some reason. Never fear, I was able to search for it and found it again:

GopherBroke

Interestingly, that about fits recent events for me.

Interestingly, that about fits recent events for me.

Gee, I hope I didn't get you down. :) I just thought the gopher critter looked quite a bit like your avatar.

A very loving cat looking for a new home. :)

Beware of this attack cat

A very loving cat looking for a new home. :)

Beware of this attack cat

An incredible contrast! Thanks, Michael.

I wonder whatever happened to Pinky, the "very loving cat?" :D

A very loving cat looking for a new home. :D

Ouch! :)

This lady might have difficulty with concept formation:

Giant British Trains

Not so much funny, but subtley silly here's Ok Go:

Not so much funny, but subtley silly here's Ok Go:

Wonderful! Especially The Treadmills.

From the point of view of a choreographer, I can tell you that's a lot harder than it looks. The moves are tight to the music and well-coordinated betwen the performers. When they move in unison it makes for interesting patterns and lines and communicates a feeling that is lively, energetic, controlled, and playful. The moves seem easy and natural rather than naturalistically clumsy or artificially stylized.

Note also there are no cuts at all. This was done in one whole piece. I wonder how many takes it took to get it right.

Aurelia provided a couple of amusing dance vids (good stuff Aurelia!), and in that spirit I thought these two were entertaining and funny.

This one is brilliantly executed. Not the first guy, but the guy at 41 seconds in. Seeing a guy dance like a robot is funny!

Robot Dance

Aurelia provided a couple of amusing dance vids (good stuff Aurelia!), and in that spirit I thought these two were entertaining and funny.

This one is brilliantly executed. Not the first guy, but the guy at 41 seconds in. Seeing a guy dance like a robot is funny!

Robot Dance

The guy in the orange shirt must have amazing control over individual muscles!

Note also there are no cuts at all. This was done in one whole piece. I wonder how many takes it took to get it right.

They're not quite sure how many takes since there was a long time between when they shot it and posted it online. I've heard 15-17 or 20 takes quoted. The consensus of the band members is that they spent 8 days on it. The first day they figured out how to arrange the treadmills. On days 2-5 [-ish] they "threw [them]selves at the treadmills" figuring out how to work on them. Then they choreographed the sequence and shot the takes. They say they were able to pull it off completely only 3 times and the 14th take was the one they posted. That's probably more info. than you wanted, but more is more. :D

That's astounding but, my god, his poor ligaments! ;) You almost don't want to watch.