Thales

Funny Videos

261 posts in this topic

The guy in the orange shirt must have amazing control over individual muscles!

No doubt and a strong artistic sense to go with it.

That's astounding but, my god, his poor ligaments! ;) You almost don't want to watch.

That didn't bother me. What bothers me is when someone bends their elbow too far back! I want to yell Stop It!, but I realized that'd be wrong so I just suffer. Other people put me through a lot. :D

They're not quite sure how many takes since there was a long time between when they shot it and posted it online. I've heard 15-17 or 20 takes quoted. The consensus of the band members is that they spent 8 days on it. The first day they figured out how to arrange the treadmills. On days 2-5 [-ish] they "threw [them]selves at the treadmills" figuring out how to work on them. Then they choreographed the sequence and shot the takes. They say they were able to pull it off completely only 3 times and the 14th take was the one they posted. That's probably more info. than you wanted, but more is more. ;)

Rumor has it that some kids from my school are going to try and perform it for the talent show. Although, after what you said about how many tries it took OkGo to get it right, I highly doubt it's possible for them to get it 100% in one try. But they're pretty funny kids so I'm willing to bet it will be hilarious either way.

(This is not a video, but it is part of a podcast so I hope the moderators here do not complain. ;))

This is a parody of Frank Sinatra's famous rendition of Strangers In The Night, but this one is titled Strangers on My Flight. There a few words in the song that are mildly offensive and not allowed in print on THE FORUM, so be forewarned.

Go to this website and click on "Find the Sinatra parody here." Right now Strangers on My Flight is first on the list, but if you are reading this later on you will have to search for it.

A brief (1' 43") documentary about an experiment on the wood spider.

Why not some comedy from the distant past, Groucho Marx.

7 Cent Nickel

And here is Chico, the first is a piano solo, the second comedy with piano accompanied by violin. Didn't know Chico was such a brilliant player!

Chico

:o

Pretty funny! :lol:

Believe or not, that's a popular theme in song-writing.

Your post brought back memories of Lou Carter, The Singing Cab Driver, and I was delighted to find mp3's of his album, "Louie's Love Songs" on the WWW here.

louieslovesongs.jpg

Whatever you do, don't miss his classic love song, "If I Had A Nose Full Of Nickels" here.

Whatever you do, don't miss his classic love song, "If I Had A Nose Full Of Nickels" here.

"If you're poor and not rich... I would sneeze all my nickles ATCHOO!" :lol:

The state of politics these days, aptly decsribed by The Onion.

WARNING: Those offended by repeated use of an expletive for male bovine digestive by-products should not click this link .

Some 300 spoofs:

The 1776 version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaB6gMj4wQw

300 - PG version:

Meet the Spartans (a little tasteless but still funny for some):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8Ii1N78Sm0

Be careful of humor. You could be laughing at that which you value.

The Spartans are not portrayed as stupid in any of those clips. It's a laughter with, not at.

The Spartans are not portrayed as stupid in any of those clips. It's a laughter with, not at.

No, the Spartans aren't portrayed as stupid. Those who accept that the Spartans/Greeks decided to fight against unimaginable odds and did so in a manner that gave the Persians second thoughts Re advancing further, are "challenged" by the 1776 video. Worse, this alleged challenge is made by reference to the American Revolution, another "no way" scenario in the contemporary mindset.

I can still laugh with the creators, though, and appreciate the skill they displayed.

I think they were laughing at it. They were taking, for instance, a shot at the seriousness of the ideas in the one where they were using the food analogy. I thought 300 was a great movie, and those spoofs just besmirch the ideas. One of the immense values of 300 was that they did take life and ideas seriously.

Darth Vader in love: Part 1,

, and

Via The Onion, Ninjas in Modesto.

Some 300 spoofs:

The 1776 version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaB6gMj4wQw

300 - PG version:

Meet the Spartans (a little tasteless but still funny for some):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8Ii1N78Sm0

There is no doubt about it in my mind. These videos are definitely laughing _at_values. All I could feel was a cold contempt.

Or, it could indicate that somebody does not in actual fact value what is being laughed at.

Or, it could indicate that somebody does not in actual fact value what is being laughed at.

Which means what?