Thales

Funny Videos

261 posts in this topic

Thanks for the info, but I didn't mean to side-track the thread. So to get back on track and in the Pulp Fiction spirit, here is another video.

Some of you may have seen Star Wreck, In the Pirkinning the trailer for which is here and the whole feature length movie can be downloaded from the producers' web site for free.

Well, they have come up with their newest creation, and the trailer is

The bit when the Nazi flag unfurls and the astronaut renders the Nazi salute is hilarious! Especially if you speak German. The voiceover is saying — and this is a loose translation — “That’s one small step for Mankind, one giant leap for the Fatherland.”

Now, if ya'll will excuse me, I'm off to catch up on the sex thread which for some inexplicable reason has overshadowed this one and all others. :D

I have a right/left speaker balance and sure enough there is different song coming out of each speaker. Funny stuff! Although, there is a Carlos Santana/Nickelback song I do like: "Why Don't You and I".

I think we all have experienced difficulty understanding what the server at a fast food restaurant drive thru is saying over the intercom.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lN6EKFDXZAE...feature=related

This is a funny way of ascertaining just how sadly Ford assembles -- assembled? -- cars:

They're not called Found On the Roadside Dead, for no reason ...

This is Dudley Moore and Peter Cook. I don't know when this was, but I'm guessing late 1950s, early 1960s, somewhere in there.

Grooving the bag, Mama, aka Bo Dudley:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btS7-UoK2Oo...feature=related

What a great team they were. Very British humour.

Yes, and Dudley Moore was exceptionally brilliant as a musician and comedian. I don't think there is anyone like him today.

This is a Beethoven Parody by him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x02rZokuhs8...feature=related

Wow, he certainly knows how to tickle those keys. I knew he did a lot of jazz, but this routine shows he was an all round genius.

and

(I recommend letting the videos fully download before starting them, to get the full effect with no jumpiness. And you really do need to watch all of both...)

I find these three videos pretty funny. I don't think they've been posted before.

Though I'm not one for crude videos, these are a little bit on the crass side, so watch out if you're easily offended.

Old Greg (I can only handle the first 1:40, but I posted the whole thing for those who want to see it.)

Enjoy!

Though I'm not one for crude videos, these are a little bit on the crass side, so watch out if you're easily offended.

I am one for crude videos, if they're clever enough. The Powerthirst vids are. :)

Try

, too! Comes in new flavors, like GUN!

"When God gives you lemons, you FIND A NEW GOD! Powerthirst GODBERRY! King of the Juice!"

Old Greg (I can only handle the first 1:40, but I posted the whole thing for those who want to see it.)

I have friends who are always quoting from that sketch, but I have yet to see what's funny about it.

I have friends who are always quoting from that sketch, but I have yet to see what's funny about it.

Well, to be honest, I sort of agree. I partly posted it because I thought others might find it very funny. At first I didn't find it funny at all, but now I do think the randomness is pretty funny. For example - "I'm gonna hurt you"/ "I like you". It's also a little bit of an inside joke at my school. My friend says "I'm Old Greg!" in class (with a perfect accent) - it's hard not to find it funny after a few of those.

So that's my reason for posting it. I know I didn't need to post a reason, but I felt like explaining it because it is a little out of character for me.

Well, to be honest, I sort of agree. I partly posted it because I thought others might find it very funny. At first I didn't find it funny at all, but now I do think the randomness is pretty funny. For example - "I'm gonna hurt you"/ "I like you". It's also a little bit of an inside joke at my school. My friend says "I'm Old Greg!" in class (with a perfect accent) - it's hard not to find it funny after a few of those.

So that's my reason for posting it. I know I didn't need to post a reason, but I felt like explaining it because it is a little out of character for me.

I’m not trying to say other people shouldn’t like it (as I said I’m friends with people who seem to think it’s the funniest thing ever done in the history of comedy), but I personally don’t find that level of crudeness to be funny. The only part of the clip that I get a chuckle out of is where he says “Make an assessment”, and only because it’s such an unexpected thing for the character to say.

I did think the second Powerthirst vid that piz linked to was funny, though. I love silliness, as long as it’s tasteful. (Not that there was anything wrong with the first Powerthirst, but I just thought they improved it with the second.)

I did think the second Powerthirst vid that piz linked to was funny, though. I love silliness, as long as it’s tasteful. (Not that there was anything wrong with the first Powerthirst, but I just thought they improved it with the second.)

Now with preposterous amounts of testosterone! PREPOSTERONE!

Recently, reference was made to the awesome sitcom, Yes, Prime Minster on another forum. A quick search got me to a video of one their more famous skits (I assume that if the last line can get past the BBC's censors, it won't offend anyone here):

Link

I’m not trying to say other people shouldn’t like it (as I said I’m friends with people who seem to think it’s the funniest thing ever done in the history of comedy), but I personally don’t find that level of crudeness to be funny. The only part of the clip that I get a chuckle out of is where he says “Make an assessment”, and only because it’s such an unexpected thing for the character to say.

No, I understand. I just wanted to add that I myself don't think it comes close to the funniest thing ever, but since I know so many people who do, and it hadn't been posted yet, I thought it would be a good idea.

It's interesting that you find the second Powerthirst video funnier. I thought the first one was much funnier - it's just SO over-the-top, whereas the second one is much less intense. I just think it makes fun of that kind of people and commercials so well.

Are the British just hilarious in everything they do?

Margaret Thatcher shredding Labour Party politicians:

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=U2f8nYMCO2I

But it is rather amazing to watch, because there is quite an important piece of modern European/British history in the development here.

Why watch comedy when you have British Parliament?

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=QpZhugomNJE

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=TsAa9VmwOaI