Thales

Funny Videos

261 posts in this topic

Russian SUV commercial

(Looks like a cross between a Wrangler and an old FJ.)

Mercedes Benz made the identical commercial for their incredible G-Wagon.

Link

Geeee, I wonder which concern originated the concept . . .

It is AMAZING what IPR violations we let the Chinese get away with in the name of gaining market share over there: http://gemssty.com/2006/10/29/top-10-copycat-cars/

But good you brought up Russia cos their copying is a bit more worrying:

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Europe/2010...tic-fighter-jet

They couldn't decide which they preferred:

http://cdn.globalaircraft.org/media/img/pl...wres/f-22-1.jpg

http://fr.academic.ru/pictures/frwiki/89/Y...e_of_hangar.jpg

although apparently the second mostly won.

Dunno how many people ski or snowboard, but this had me laughing out loud. (It's pretty obviously, but for those who don't know: you stand to the SIDE of a rope tow and hold on while it tows you up the mountain.)

Dunno how many people ski or snowboard, but this had me laughing out loud. (It's pretty obviously, but for those who don't know: you stand to the SIDE of a rope tow and hold on while it tows you up the mountain.)

Thanks for the link, Zak, as it was quite funny.

While living in Maine in the late 1980s I would buy tickets to go skiing from the local military bases Morale, Welfare and Recreation office (MWR). The local MWR representative would set up skiing trips to local ski resorts at large discounts for military members while also setting up travel to and from the resorts. These types of occurences lead to many found and fun memories being created of which one follows

During one of these trips I ended up being the only male on the trip with a large group of Navy women. All the women had never skied before as they had lived in the south before being stationed in Maine. I spent most of the day with them attempting to give advice on how to ski. All these women had gone out and bought matching ski pants, jackets, boots, gloves and hats for this ski trip so they stayed rather warm. I did not have the money at the time and since I was from Buffalo thought that I could handle the cold weather with a normal jacket and insulated pants. But I was wrong and was freezing my butt off while attempting to have a good time with these beautiful women. As the hours went on all the women decided they had enough of the cold and went into the lodge to get warm. But there was one young woman that was going to get as much time on the slopes as she could and asked if I would stay with her. Being young and dumb and just joining the Marine Corps I decided there was no way I would be out lasted by a Navy person, let alone a woman.

We skied, and skied and skied until she had finally had enough and I was half frozen. She, finally, stated that she wanted to go on one more run and then go to the lodge. I agreed without a fight as my face was half frozen and I could barely talk. So, we get on the t-bar to go up the slope and about half way up her foot/ski caught on something and she fell off. Of course when one person falls off the t-bar the person on the other side falls off also. We are both laying face down in the snow when one of the employees from the lodge tells us not to move and he will pull us out from under the people going over top of us. I am laying closer to the male employee but he steps right over me and pulls my friend out, he dusted the snow off of her and helped her get her lost ski. All of this is happening while I am still laying face down in the snow waiting for him pull me out. Finally the girl I am with reminds him that I am still lying in the snow and he comes and grabs my collar and yanks me out from under the t-bar. I get up and dust myself off and look him straight in the face and say, "hey buddy, I am going home with her and you are not." We both left him stunned on the side of the mountain while laughing all the way down to the lodge where I commenced to jumping into the fire (almost) to get myself warm, finally.

Julia Sweeney (of Letting Go of God fame) shares a story about discussing the birds and bees (and frogs) with her eight-year-old daughter. (link)

Julia Sweeney (of Letting Go of God fame) shares a story about discussing the birds and bees (and frogs) with her eight-year-old daughter. (link)

Extremely cute!!

The link in the above went to the Fiat Abarth commercial that made such a splash during yesterday's Super Bowl.

Here's the translation of what the ravishing gal says in Italian:

What are you looking at?

What are you looking at?!

Are you undressing me with your eyes?

Poor guy…you can't help it?

Is your heart beating? Is your head spinning?

Do you feel lost thinking that I could be yours forever?