aequalsa

Introduction

4 posts in this topic

Hello everyone. I just discovered this board a couple days ago and so far am impressed with the level of discussion. I look forward to geting to know those of you that I don't already know from other boards. Hmmm...so as to not leave anyone out...I suppose I look forward to getting to know the rest of you better. ;)

My name is Gordon Kearns. I am a contactor(construction) living in Denver, CO. I have been reading Objectivist writings for about 10 years now. I have read everything by Rand as well as OPAR and many essays by other objectivists. Additionally, I have listened to a fair number of taped lectures.

To clarify my philosophical views, I consider myself to be an objectivist, in that I do not disagree about much of anything that Miss Rand wrote and precious little of what other objectivist scholars have written or said in talks. So that's it. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Thanks in advance to the providers of this board and their moderators for making this forum available. From what I have read, you seem to be doing a good job.

Best regards everyone,

Gordon

Welcome to THE FORUM, Gordon.

Please note that I found this topic in one of the "Ask the Experts" forums, and I moved it here where it belongs. Also, the words "Objectivism" and "Objectivist" are capitalized when referring to Ayn Rand's philosophy and its adherents, and we make a point of doing so on THE FORUM. Thanks.

Welcome to THE FORUM, Gordon.

Please note that I found this topic in one of the "Ask the Experts" forums, and I moved it here where it belongs. Also, the words "Objectivism" and "Objectivist" are capitalized when referring to Ayn Rand's philosophy and its adherents, and we make a point of doing so on THE FORUM. Thanks.

Thank you, and I'm sorry twice over. I'll try and make a point of that. I should know better by now.

Hello Gordon,

Welcome to THE FORUM. I think you are correct in you identification of impressive discussions going on here and I hope you enjoy them.