Bold Standard

My music available on Myspace.

7 posts in this topic

I have posted one of my songs up on Myspace at www.myspace.com/epistemelody. It's kind of a rough demo that I recorded in a couple of hours at my friend's house the other day. The song is called "Otto," and the lyrics are there and you can download it. I don't think you need to be a myspace member to view the page, but if you have any problems let me know. (All the parts were written and performed by me).

I could hear it! I liked it, and the stars background picture was especially fun as I scroll the page!

Thanks! ;) I like the stars, too. You can read about them (emission nebula IC 410) here.

[bTW, the copywrite for that picture is credited to someone named Stephen Leshin. I'm not sure about how copywrite's apply to using pictures on the net. Should I try to contact that person to tell him I'm using his picture (I downloaded it on my computer then uploaded it to the site)? If so, would I do that through the Astronomy Picture of the Day website?]

I've put some new songs up on my page. :)

I enjoyed "Otto." Kind of haunting, and it grew on me. And, interesting lyrics. I see you put some thought into those.

I'm curious: other than the nice repeating sound, is their any significance to the name "Otto?"

Thanks! : ) I chose "Otto" because it sounds like automatic, and the theme is religious determinism versus taking control of one's mind and letting go of God. But if you want to know a secret, in the very early stages of writing this song, I really wanted to buy a new car, so I sang "Auto, auto," as in automobile... It evolved away from that pretty quickly, but there's still just the slightest hint of it when I say "Where are you going with that (auto, auto)." :)